Hello there! Innovation has never been this easy. Upchain started in 2015 with the goal of changing what Product Lifecycle Management means for users across the supply chain. Our vision is a completely interconnected supply chain from the first nut to the final bolt, where collaboration is the default setting, and where mission-critical data is simultaneously accessible and secure. We think process doesn’t have to be as hard as it is, and we intend to make it a whole lot easier for everyone. Our offices in Toronto, Zagreb, Varaždin and Koprivnica, where teams are waiting for your potential are. Come and make a big impact! Here you can find more about us: https://www.upchain.com/
The Information Technology Technician is responsible for ensuring optimal performance of user workstations, servers, networking, software and peripherals. More specifically, the Information Technology Technician maintains and monitors the Company’s computer systems, installs software, diagnoses and repairs computer problems, and provides technical support to users.
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Duties
Installations and Upgrades
- Order and set up new users computer equipment and accounts including emails and software licenses,
- Installing and configure computer hardware and software components,
- Ensure prompt upgrades to enable compatible software,
- Install and upgrade antivirus software,
- Coordinate and administer moves for IT infrastructure and equipment.
Testing, Diagnostics, Repairs & Maintenance
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues and diagnosing/treating incidents and computer problems,
- Perform tests on computer equipment and programs,
- Define software, hardware and network requirements,
- Schedule maintenance,
- Monitor computer processing systems, IT infrastructure and firewalls,
- Minor repairs and replacement of damaged parts and equipment,
- Order computer parts and equipment
- Responding to IT related calls and emails from users,
- Assigning tickets to end users and elevating to higher level IT support providers (if available),
- Providing end user support on technical issues and restricted platform/file access,
- Teach users the basic skills needed to operate newly installed programs.
- At least one year of related held desk experience,
- Broad understanding of hardware, software, operating systems, servers and basic computer programming,
- Familiarity with electronic equipment, internet applications and security an asset,
- Understanding of business fundamentals to match client business objectives with technical requirements,
- Active listener with good communications skills, verbal and written, and to have a positive, upbeat, and courteous attitude,
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision,
- Conviction to improve personally and support continuous improvement,
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment,
- Confident, consistent decisive personality,
- Demonstrated commitment to Health & Safety.
- Physical movement required to service and address technical issues at users workstations,
- Respectful, dependable, honest, and discreet person.
Benefits/What you get
- We nurture an inclusive work environment that embraces members of diverse perspectives,
- We are committed to providing a meaningful business environment for every member of our team,
- Opportunity for advancement and professional development through mentoring,
- Working on challenging tasks and the opportunity for personal development,
- Learning new technologies,
- Daily meal/lunch,
- Modern offices with a comfortable working atmosphere,
- Relaxation places (table tennis, table football/foosball),
- Flexible working hours.
Apply for this position by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Place of work: Zagreb or Varaždin, Croatia
Applications close 24.05.2020.