TakeLab FER is a young and dynamic research team and the leading group for Natural Language Processing and Text Analytics in Croatia. The group pursues diverse research topics, ranging from information extraction and semantic search to computational semantics and opinion mining.
We invite applications for student internships in R&D for natural language processing. We offer a 3-month half-time internship with a possibility for extension. The internship period is October 2020 (start date 28 September 2020) until the end of December 2020. An earlier start is also possible.
We’re looking for interns to work on TakeLab Retriever – an information extraction platform for news media analysis and event tracking.
- implementing machine learning models for natural language processing problems,
- integrating and optimizing machine learning models for production-level software systems,
- software development for natural language processing-based systems.
- 1+ years of programming in an object-oriented language,
- computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, and distributed systems,
- Linux / git / networking basics,
- eagerness to learn.
- research interest in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing,
- 3+ months of hands-on software development experience,
- pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s /Ph.D. in Computer Science,
- familiarity with Python.
With us, you can:
- develop state-of-the-art machine learning and NLP frameworks,
- be a part of the best Croatian NLP research group,
- publish papers on the top-tier NLP conferences (ACL, NAACL, EMNLP),
- expand your software development skill set in our TakeLab skills sessions,
- help yourself to relevant NLP and machine learning literature,
- open-source your work,
- exercise for free in the sports complex Martinovka,
- unwind in Christmas parties and summer Sljeme hikes (if COVID permits).
Please direct all your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications (a short Statement of Interest and a CV, combined in a single PDF) should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
All applications received before 13 July 2020 will receive full consideration. The position remains open until filled.
As an equal opportunities employer, TakeLab FER positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.