SpyroSoft Solutions is part of SpyroSoft company located in Wroclaw, Poland which is currently a booming city from the area of IT and high-tech around EU. SpyroSoft deals with outsourcing of Automotive, Embedded, IoT, Microsoft Web Development Technologies, and Java – Sprint Web development projects. Currently, SpyroSoft employs 400 employees on four locations in Poland and in Zagreb.
SpyroSoft attracts its employees with:
- Attractive projects which give employees the chance to be the part of future technologies (autonomous driving, hybrid vehicles),
- Projects which give employees opportunity of continuous self-development and learning,
- Projects which deal with real products which are launched on the market; thus requesting a high level of quality,
- Benefits – attractive income, the possibility of selecting the work equipment (within the budget and required performance), the possibility of purchase of the equipment after the period of use, the educational budget that currently stands at more than 500 EUR per year, home office, and the usual stimulation – bonus,
- Unlimited coffee and tea,
- Attractive location and office space.
SpyroSoft is looking for an experienced Embedded Linux Engineer who knows how to configure and build an Android platform. The goal of the project is updating the existing setup with different Android distribution and provided BSPs. The image needs to go into minimum customizations of user experience during booting/charging device and besides Android platform upgrade it may need some driver upgrades as well. Your main role will be to design, specify, implement and get the system ready for usage.
- Based on provided basic requirements and working BSP, ability to create and document an Android platform and maintain one main running Android application,
- Work together with the application developer to provide a complete device solution,
- Work together with system tester to provide acceptance testing of built things,
- Participate in other architecture, requirements, design, code and test case reviews.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent,
- Development experience in C,
- Strong understanding of Linux operating system and computer architecture fundamentals,
- Good understanding Linux kernel configuration/porting/hardware-specific configuration,
- Good understanding of Android platform build setup in general,
- Some understanding of Android application,
- Experience with embedded platforms boot loaders and booting process. U-boot is plus,
- General understanding of hardware and how it works connected to a Linux system,
- Understanding of Android specifics for Linux system,
- Good Linux apps/libraries build process setup and modification,
- Experience with team-based development tools,
- Telecommunication understanding or willingness to learn (DECT, P2T, SIP),
- Basic understanding of NFC, RFID, WiFi, BT,
- The ability to collaborate on complex software systems,
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
How and whom we employ:
- Students, but only on periods longer than 2 months, with net hourly rate 32 – 45 HRK,
- Permanent employees, with monthly income (depending on knowledge and seniority) starting from 7000 – 10500 HRK gross for junior positions.
How to apply: Online at https://www.spyro-soft.com/en/career/android-platform-developer/ until 01.10.2019.