We are currently hiring a QA Engineer, to join us on Peterson’s project, the largest test-prep service provider in the US.
As a remote-first company, we value flexibility and create an environment where our team members can adjust their working schedules according to their hobbies and other activities. In achieving goals, we encourage our team members to be proactive and take the initiative, while we always have their back when they need some guidance or advice. We enjoy teamwork and like to celebrate the success of others, and when communicating feedback, we do it in a constructive way.
Our company culture
To keep all of our team members informed about what’s happening on the company level, inside each department, and on every project, every month we organize an all-hands meeting. Also, at the end of the meeting, anyone can ask any question and there are no tabu topics. 🙂
To keep track of how our team members are progressing and how satisfied they are, we held regular performance review meetings twice a year. Apart from those meetings, we’re also open at any time for team members to reach out with any questions, ideas, or concerns they wish to communicate.
Overall, we try to create an environment where our team members can reach their full potential by using and improving their knowledge and skills day by day, working in a positive environment on interesting and meaningful projects.
About Peterson’s project
The client you are going to be working with is Peterson’s, a leading provider of live, print, and online products and services, including test preparation (GMT, SAT, TOEFL), career exploration tools, and scholarship searches. Peterson’s platform is the main source of information for more than 500.000 students yearly. The users of Peterson’s platform also include universities across the US and government agencies. One of the products within Peterson’s platform is also Dantes, a mobile and web application providing academic courses free of charge to all active-duty military, their families, and DoD civilians.
In Speck we have a team of more than 15 experts that have been working on Peterson’s platform development. The whole Peterson’s company contains of 3 major teams in different countries: business team is located in the USA, product team in Croatia and content and support team in the Philippines. In less than a year we have managed to improve the code quality through the Gitflow Workflow process. We use Gitlab merge request for code review, all of the new features are covered with functional and unit testing enabling us to cover the larger portions of code coverage. Also, we use the Gitlab CI/CD method to build, test and deploy new applications. We successfully developed 2 mobile apps using native technologies and are currently working on their improvement.
Our team works directly with Peterson’s founders and holds a great dose of ownership over the product development.
Some of the other products we are currently working on in Speck
- Drivedo (former Autoskola.hr) – A product that we have developed independently enables candidates to prepare better for exams in traffic regulations as part of training for driving schools and allows driving schools to easily track the progress of candidates.
- 24sata – We are working alongside one of the strongest media brands in Croatia, where our role is to ensure their platform is at its best performance. By using automated scripts, various types of testing, auditing the tech performance, our team is in charge of ensuring all news are delivered to consumers at maximum speed, for the best user experience.
- Školska Knjiga – Croatia’s largest book publishing company offers a unique app to their customers that facilitates class planning. Speck is the production partner for this product, meaning we are working closely with them on maintaining, updating and planning further development of the product on the market by using analytics and behavioral data.
- Bagless.io – A social discovery 3D web platform, allowing anyone anywhere to create and explore real-world locations, together. It offers users to join their team members in a virtual copy of their office, grab a drink in a virtual bar, window-shop from the comfort of their home, and much more.
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive salary – We offer you a competitive compensation package along with regular evaluations of your skills and knowledge to enable your further growth and growth of your salary, along with the additional benefits.
- – You can shape your working schedule according to your life, hobbies, and interests. No questions asked as long as the job is done. For this position, since Peterson’s client is from the US, a 1-hour overlap in the afternoon hours is required. – Even though we have an office in Zagreb (HUB385), we are a remote-first company – We make sure you have access to any online course or book. Apart from that, you get a yearly education budget which you can use for additional education workshops, conferences, or anything else you need for your professional development.
- SPECKtacular company culture – We respect one another enough to give and receive honest feedback. But we also know that the most valuable feedback is spoken through empathy which is why we nurture the culture of inclusivity and teamwork.
- Slick equipment – MacBooks, monitors, headphones, magic mouses, and wireless keyboards – whatever you need to be at your best. In case you will be needing anything else, we are happy to hear your requests!
What do we expect from you?
- 2+ years of QA experience
- Experience in working with different testing methodologies (Smoke, Sanity, Regression, …)
- Familiarity with the development principles and key parts of frontend (web and mobile) and backend applications
- Experience in working with the majority of accompanying QA/dev/PM tools for the development of web platforms (Selenium, JMeter, Gitlab, Postman, Jira)
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Basic database knowledge (Oracle, MySQL, Redshift)
What will be your responsibilities?
- Working with QA team members on manual testing
- Development of the new platform testing methods – proactively suggesting new solutions
- Assisting in planning and executing product release cycles
- Documenting procedures and creating an internal knowledge base
In case you have the skills and knowledge mentioned above, don’t hesitate – send us your CV and we will get back to you! 🙂
If you have any questions about this position, shoot us a message at email@example.com.
The position is open until May 20th or until filled.