We are currently expanding our Project/Product team and hiring a Project Manager, to serve as a link between our clients and our project teams. If you enjoy leading teams created of interdisciplinary experts and have great communication and organizational skills, we expect your application!
Our company culture
As a remote-first company, we value flexibility and create an environment where our team members can adjust their working schedules according to their hobbies and other activities. In achieving goals, we encourage our team members to be proactive and take the initiative, while we always have their back when they need some guidance or advice. We enjoy teamwork and like to celebrate the success of others, and when communicating feedback, we do it constructively.
To keep all of our team members informed about what’s happening on the company level, inside each department, and on every project, every month we organize an all-hands meeting. Also, at the end of the meeting, anyone can ask any question and there are no tabu topics. 🙂
To keep track of how our team members are progressing and how satisfied they are, we held regular performance review meetings twice a year. Apart from those meetings, we’re also open at any time for team members to reach out with any questions, ideas, or concerns they wish to communicate.
Overall, we try to create an environment where our team members can reach their full potential by using and improving their knowledge and skills day by day, working in a positive environment on interesting and meaningful projects.
About our PM department and your role
Our PM department currently consists of 4 Product and Project Managers, working on internal and client products and projects. Up until now, we had product and project management roles combined into one, but recently we have made a distinction so this position is entirely focused on the project management aspect. The project management role is more focused on team coordination, ensuring that the project fulfills all goals within the timeline, as well as good and timely communication with the client.
When working on client projects, we strive for efficient, transparent, and timely communication with the client, while for our internal products we aim to deliver great value to end consumers and improve our communities one business model at a time!
During your onboarding period, you will be introduced to the methodologies, tools, and processes we use in all of our projects. You will be briefly familiarized with our most important ongoing projects. In case you forget how something is done, you can revisit our internal Speck Wiki anytime!
As our new project manager, you will be leading interdisciplinary teams consisting of designers, developers, marketing specialists, QA engineers, and other skilled experts. As part of this leadership role, you’ll work closely with our clients to understand their needs and propose the best course of action to help them achieve their goals. By taking ownership and empowering your team members, you will ensure that we deliver great products promptly, and the features we are building support clients’ business goals.
Internally, you’ll be supported by and work with other departments to ensure project success. To grow and thrive in your chosen career path, among others, you’ll have weekly mentoring and knowledge-sharing sessions ;with other PMs. We can’t wait to see you thrive!
Some of the products we are currently working on in Speck
Peterson’s – a leading provider of test preparation materials (GMT, SAT, TOEFL), career exploration tools, and scholarship searches. The platform is the main source of information for more than 500.000 students yearly. Our team works directly with Peterson’s founders and holds a great dose of ownership over product development.
Autoskola. hr – A product that we have developed independently enables candidates to prepare better for exams in traffic regulations as part of training for driving schools and allows driving schools to easily track the progress of candidates.
Branko – A product in the field of occupational safety, that helps small and mid-sized companies to keep everything they need in one place, digitized and well organized.
KidzToPros – EdTech startup from California (San Francisco) that scaled from providing extracurricular activities in one school to over 250 schools and tens of thousands of satisfied children and parents, in less than two years. We help KidzToPros to define product strategy, design the web and mobile interfaces, market their services, and measure the impact of their efforts.
What can you expect from us?
1. Competitive salary
We offer you a competitive compensation package along with regular evaluations of your skills and knowledge t to enable your further growth and growth of your salary, along with the additional benefits.
2. Flexible working schedule
You can shape your working schedule according to your life, hobbies, and interests. No questions asked as long as the job is done.
3. Remote work
Even though we have an office in Zagreb (HUB385), we are a remote-first company.
4. Professional development
We make sure you have access to any online course or book that you need and have a digital library with Kindle devices available for use.
5. SPECKtacular company culture
We respect one another enough to give and receive honest feedback. But we also know that the most valuable feedback is spoken through empathy which is why we nurture the culture of inclusivity and teamwork.
6. Slick equipment
MacBooks, monitors, headphones, magic mouses, and wireless keyboards – whatever you need to be at your best. In case you will be needing anything else, we are happy to hear your requests!
What do we expect from you?
- 2+ years of experience of project management experience primarily in the field of IT
- Experience with agile methodologies and software product lifecycle management
- Familiarity with the IT industry and experience with working in a dynamic environment
- Good understanding of the web/mobile application development process and technologies
- Good understanding of the UX/UI design principles
- Proactivity, responsible approach to the challenges on the projects, willingness to get out of the comfort zone, and the ability to quickly learn new skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of English
Bonus points for:
- An academic background in software engineering/computer science, or similar/equivalent knowledge acquired through work experience
What will be your responsibilities?
- Leading interdisciplinary teams on web and mobile development projects
- Structuring complex projects into clear tasks for your team members
- Making sure all processes, user stories, features, and workflows are properly documented
- Prioritizing tasks according to the business needs of clients
- Building a trusting relationship with the clients through clear and frequent communication
- Leading meetings with clients to agree on functionalities and to keep track of the project progress
- Organizing and leading daily meetings with the team
- Making sure your team is motivated and has everything they need to do their best work
- Helping the client with the product and strategic decisions by involving a product manager and facilitating communication
- Creating and delivering project development plans, briefs, estimates, and other deliverables, in collaboration with other departments
- Frequently aligning and working with other departments to ensure project success
In case you have the skills and knowledge mentioned above, don’t hesitate – send us your CV and we will get back to you! 🙂
If you have any questions about this position, shoot us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is open until February 28th or until filled.