We are seeking applicants for a two-year postdoctoral position in the area of big data medical image analysis, to work on the project IP-2020-02-3770 Machine Learning for Knowledge Transfer in Medical Radiology, funded by the Croatian Science Foundation, at the University of Rijeka Faculty of Engineering.
The project will advance existing knowledge concerning modelling for medical image analysis, by introducing a common transfer-learning platform for domain-specific challenges in medical radiology CAD. Project objectives will be achieved by fusing the available data sources from a large PACS database of medical radiology exams, using machine learning for multi-step data-driven modelling.
Institution: University of Rijeka Faculty of Engineering (RITEH)
Project description: The project will advance existing knowledge concerning modelling for medical image analysis, by introducing a common transfer-learning platform for domain-specific challenges in medical radiology CAD. Project objectives will be achieved by fusing the available data sources (pixeldata, DICOM tags and narrative diagnoses) from a large PACS database of medical radiology exams (approx. 20 TB of images). Machine learning will be used for multi-step data-driven modelling, using state-of-the-art supercomputing facilities. The project team consists of researchers from the University of Rijeka, University of Ljubljana, University of Mannheim and Medical University of Graz.
- PhD in computer science, physics or similar field,
- Good knowledge of image analysis and machine learning,
- Good programming skills,
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow),
- Good knowledge of English language,
- Excellent communication skills,
- No more than 4 years of previous postdoctoral engagement.
- Design, implement and evaluate models with other team members,
- Report and present research findings and developments including status and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing,
- Aid in supervising the work of two PhD students,
- Suggest and engage in team collaborations to meet ambitious research goals.
How to apply: Applicants should express their interest in the position by sending a cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications and a brief description of their research interests and achievements – as a single .pdf file. The applicants should also arrange at least one letter of recommendation to be sent by their outstanding colleague. Review of preliminary applications will begin immediately. A tender for the job position will be announced when at least one suitable candidate is found. Starting date can be negotiated and is possible as early as January 2022. Initial appointment will be for 6 months, with a single renewal for the remaining 18 months, depending on the applicant’s performance.
Contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org