Recogno is building the future of grocery and convenience stores using IoT devices enhanced by machine learning, computer vision and recommender systems.
We are a small team of skilled professionals passionate about the next step of technology — bringing technological wonders to end users, without a need for them to use browsers, applications or, heaven forbid, install something.
We’ve won the 1st place out of more than 40 applied in the €100k Startup Factory Zagreb 2017, won 1st place in LEAP Summit 2018, been awarded several research grants and were invited to several European accelerators. We are gradually expanding our team into full-stack — software, electronics, computer vision, data analysis, recommender systems, and user interaction.
Now we are looking for a talented and ambitious software engineering intern that has a track record of building stuff out of curiosity and getting things done. Our new team member will get a tremendous opportunity to grow, help us grow, and have fun along the way.
You are a passionate software person, interested in ML
We are looking for a person that has been playing with various technologies and has done some programming projects outside school/college curriculum. You check the following points:
- Good understanding of software engineering principles and object-oriented programming principles; basics of software design patterns,
- Intermediate knowledge of at least one of the following: C++, C, C#, Java, Python,
- Basic knowledge of SQL and relational databases,
- Currently pursuing BA or MA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a similar area,
- Effective communication, good English language skills (written and verbal),
- Available for 20+ hours of work per week in the next 9+ months (exceptions in exam periods and similar are OK),
- Bonus points:
- Interest/experience in ML, CV or recommender systems,
- Understanding of MVC pattern and variations,
- Basic knowledge of Git (double points for contributions on GitHub and similar),
- Basic knowledge of network protocols,
- Unix and shell proficiency.
We’ll put you into a slingshot
Your first professional steps should take you through the entire software development process, rather than being a bug-squashing cog while others are doing the meaningful stuff. Your internship at Recogno will include:
- Active participation in all stages of product creation — working on features through ideation, research, planning, implementation, and testing,
- Implementing new functionalities across the stack — business logic, user interface, data, networking, and analytics,
- Applying engineering principles like prioritizing, diverging, Pareto, prototyping and validating,
- Researching and learning new technologies, having a vote in technical decisions,
- Supporting our IoT, Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Recommender Systems efforts.
Have a nice flight
The team member we’re looking for is choosing their next careers step based on the technical challenge, rather than type of coffee, the number of beanbags or a big name they future employer has. Regardless, we do want to help you have a nice flight with us:
- Working on a game-changing machine learning enhanced IoT product,
- Flexible work hours, partial remote work allowed,
- Small, ambitious and (relatively) young team,
- Additional education opportunities,
- Nice office in Zagreb Innovation Centre (ZICER), with kitchen, resting spaces and a variety of exercising options nearby (gym, padel, climbing, badminton).
Get in touch
To apply for this position, please send following items in Croatian or English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The reason you are applying for the position at Recogno (a few sentences should be fine),
- A sample of your work (code/links/screenshots) that can help us understand your knowledge,
- Your CV,
- SuperBonusPoints: Any proof of your curiosity and love for building stuff outside curriculum (the quality of work is irrelevant here): an app, a website, a blog post, photo of a robot that you assembled, etc.
Applications are processed quickly so apply as soon as possible. Soft deadline is 3.2.2019. and hard deadline 10.2.2019. Interview phase will take into account your exam/lab busy schedule.