We are an EdTech company whose mobile app is constantly the most popular educational app in the US and one of the top education apps globally, with over 100 million downloads.
Photomath app is based on our own optical character recognition technology and our own math engine system which recognizes, solves and shows the solving steps for printed and handwritten math problems.
We constantly improve our app and add new features to offer Photomath users new ways to approach math learning. Our newest features focus on giving visual cues through graph solutions, recognizing and solving word math problems, and helping learn basics of math through animated step by step explanations.
We are developing our Math engine in C++ and internally developed math programming language to enable the development of new math content within the Photomath app. The goal of the Math engine is to simulate a human approach to solving math problems so it results can be used by people of all ages to learn math in a meaningful way.
Apply and become our
Math Engine Software Engineer (f/m)
What will you do at Photomath? You will:
- develop math problem-solving steps in our own math programming language,
- tightly collaborate with Math content team in order to find the best approach to solve a certain math problem,
- work on improving app functionalities which are tightly connected to our Math engine system for solving math problems.
You are the right person for us if you:
- have at least 1 year of experience in programming,
- have good knowledge of programming languages like C++ or Java (very good knowledge is a plus),
- have technical or math background,
- have interest in Functional paradigm and working with functional programming languages,
- have good knowledge of math concepts (focus on elementary and high-school level),
- like to solve algorithmic problems/tasks
- prefer a logical approach to problem-solving,
- have the excellent English language skill.
We are offering:
- an opportunity to revolutionize the approach to math studies for all ages through improving our Math engine system,
- learning opportunities through relevant tech conferences, mentorship, knowledge sharing, internal and external educations,
- collaboration in a small but young, ambitious and flexible team that thrives on fair play and exchanging different viewpoints,
- a culture that recognizes and rewards success.
How to apply?
Send your application with the subject “Math Engine Software Engineer” to email@example.com.