We’re looking for talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Nearsourcing Software Factory based in Mali Tehnopolis, Samobor serving high end UK clients in web2 and web3.
In this role you would work for Mostarac Barnes Group as a dedicated resource to their Client, a PE funded fast growing edtech software business serving 30k+ clients including 50 of the Fortune 500 across 100+ countries.
You would be part of an agile development team primarily focused on backend services and feature delivery of the Client’s web apps built in Ruby on Rails. The workforce is distributed across the US, UK, and Europe with developers in Romania and the Phillippines currently with remote and hybrid options.
Operational Job Details
Work within a cross-functional software team to develop software using Ruby and related technologies (generally
- Take responsibility for the quality and speed of your own work
- Perform automated and manual testing on your own work
- Assist other members of the engineering team where required
- Experience of working in a distributed workforce in an agile development team
- At least 5 years of commercial experience (or equivalent) in web application development spanning multiple projects
- At least 2 years, ideally more, of experience with Ruby on Rails
- At least 2 years, ideally more, of experience of working with relational databases (ideally MySQL/PostgreSQL).
- At least 2 years, ideally more, of experience of using distributed source control management.
- At least 2 years, ideally more, of experience in writing automated tests.
- Essential experience Unit testing with Rspec
- Understanding of programming, networking and information security principles
- Enthusiasm for understanding technical ideas and explaining them clearly to other members of the team.
- A strong standard of spoken and written English
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience in writing tests using RSpec and Cucumber
- Experience with data analysis.
- Azure Functions / AWS Lambda
- 25 days annual leave (increasing with service) plus bank holidays
- Flexible and remote working
- Contribution to utility bills if working from home
- Social events
- Ongoing training and development
About the location
Mali Tehnopolis is the town of Samobor’s newly built technology incubator, walking distance from the town’s many amenities (cafes, gyms, shops, bus station etc.) and a short drive from Zagreb.
If you are interested, please send your application to email@example.com.