Micro Turbine Technology BV (MTT) (www.mtt-eu.com) is an innovative company located in Eindhoven, in the heart of the Dutch high-tech region. MTT develops micro gas turbines for various applications, currently focused on the development and commercialization of the EnerTwin (www.enertwin.com) – a micro Combined Heat and Power (µCHP) system.
As an Electrical Development Engineer, you will be responsible for the development, testing and integration of hardware and software solutions for controlling a µCHP system.
- electronics/software design for new applications and for existing products (Life Cycle Management); specification, design, testing, qualification and integration of the electromechanical micro gas turbine subcomponents (high-speed generator, power inverters, control),
- contact with supply partners; defining specifications and monitoring the supply of the electrical and electromechanical components for the µCHP system,
- implementation of solutions for the system compliance with respect to safety, performance and EMC norms as well as international grid standards for the connection of micro-generators,
- taking roles in EU and national R&D projects,
- troubleshooting (fault diagnosis) of electrical systems and laboratory equipment (software and hardware),
- maintaining and improving of embedded controller software,
- development of test/pass-off programs in LabVIEW and/or C/C++.
- communicative and team player,
- self-reliant: capable to independently define and execute tasks,
- reliable and dependable,
- language: English; ability to communicate in Dutch is a plus.
- Control system design, development and implementation of digital controllers,
- Digital signal processing and communication protocols,
- Power converters, electrical machines and drives, digital and analogue electrical circuits – modelling, design, assembly,
- Testing and laboratory measurements,
- (Embedded) C/C++.
- Numerical computing (Matlab/Simulink, Scilab/Xcos, Octave),
- National Instruments LabVIEW,
- Source code version control.
Education and experience
- Electrical Engineering / Mechatronics / Computer Science,
- Knowledge of power electronics and control,
- 3+ or more years of relevant work experience.
What we offer
An exciting job focused on developing solutions for efficient and cost-effective micro turbines and combined heat and power systems. You will work in a team of very enthusiastic colleagues and you will experience a great variety of activities and engineering disciplines. MTT offers excellent development prospects in the high-tech engineering world, coupled with a competing salary and benefits package. Find more general information on www.mtt-eu.com or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specific information can also be obtained from Luc Hamilton +31 6 53417018.