MED-EL is a leading manufacturer of innovative medical devices for the treatment of various types and degrees of hearing loss. Since 1990, our systems have restored hearing to more than 200,000 individuals worldwide. With headquarters in Innsbruck (Austria), MED-EL has over 2000 employees around the world.
We’re hiring a Cybersecurity Engineer for our R&D team in Innsbruck. We offer a challenging opportunity in a multinational work environment with English as our company language.
If you are passionate about pen testing, have experience with threat models and vulnerability assessments, and have a firm grasp of communication protocols such as Bluetooth and BLE, we’d like to talk to you.
- Perform penetration tests and reverse engineering to identify security vulnerabilities that could impact IoT devices,
- Assist in security risk assessments and threat modeling,
- Provide cybersecurity expertise into the development of new devices and in the update/upgrade, maintenance, and support of existing devices,
- Review software and hardware designs from a cybersecurity point of view,
- Recommend and advice on the implementation of security controls.
- Higher degree in information security, computer science, software engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience,
- 3+ years of work experience in the information security field,
- Experience with communication protocols (Bluetooth, BLE) and working knowledge of embedded systems and firmware,
- Experience with threat models and vulnerability assessments,
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, German is a plus.
To learn more and apply online: https://jobs.medel.com/int/jobs-overview/?iddetail=1710