KONČAR – INEM (abbreviated) is one of the companies in the KONČAR group, the regional manufacturer of electric equipment and electro-energetic plant.
We are looking for engineers who are familiar with developing complex systems from the idea to the finished product.
A hands-on approach and an excellent understanding of technological processes involved in the development and production of power electronics products is preferred.
The ideal candidate has a strong passion for power electronics and its application in transport and renewable energy, as well as a desire for continuous development of his/her competencies.
As a Power Electronics Engineer your responsibility will be to take part in and ensure the development of innovative, cost effective and reliable power electronic solutions.
More specially, you will:
- Design and development of new converters based on Si IGBT or SiC MOSFET technologies
- Designing power electronics circuits, producing detailed design analysis, selecting power stage and gate-driver circuits, passive components, and electronic parts to meet the performance targets
- Perform detailed studies and analysis of the converter systems (including the mechanical, thermal, electrical, and controls architecture) with emphasis on performance evaluation, component selection and sizing, design optimization, and control strategy development
- Work closely with embedded hardware, embedded software and mechanical engineers to assign requirements, discuss trade-offs, perform design reviews and ensure successful integration of the converter design
- Define test specifications and procedures, and design validation
- Participate in the development and maintenance of FMEA methods and quality control plans
- Collaboration with manufacturing engineers and suppliers to transition from concepts to production
- You have a Master’s degree or PhD in electrical engineering
- You are passioned about power electronics technologies with up to 3 years of experience for junior level or 5+ years of professional experience in power electronics for senior position
- Ensure that you are highly skilled in organization and planning with a strong analytical capabilities. You speak and write English fluently
- Last but not least, you are a good team player with problem-solving skills in a cross-functional environment
Other skills and knowledge which can you bring closer to this job but are not mandatory:
– Knowledge of the PLECS tool for system-level simulations of electrical circuits
– Familiar with MATLAB/Simulink-based graphical programming
– Knowledge of engineering standards for railway and renewable energy application
– Knowledge of PCB design, processors, integrated circuits and passive components
– Possess good time management skills
What’s in for you?
- Work on challenging projects for the global market (continuous education through practical work)
- Work in a stable, production company (in a multidisciplinary collegial team of experienced experts in various fields)
- Flexible working hours/working conditions
- Christmas bonus, Easter bonus, Holiday pay
- Additional payments for parents (newborn gift, St Nicholas Day gift)
- Compensation of transportation costs for employees who live either in or outside Zagreb
Type and place of employment
Permanent employment. The base place of work is Zagreb.
Please send us your CV to email@example.com
We will carefully review all resumes. All applications are considered according to the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations on the protection of personal data.