KONČAR – Electrical Engineering Institute, Inc. is a Croatian company dedicated to providing smart solutions, R&D services, and laboratory testing mostly in railway, energy, and industrial applications. In the area of embedded control systems, we are focused on providing dedicated and safety-related embedded solutions such as:
- control and monitoring equipment for railway vehicles (trams, trains, locomotives),
- equipment for power systems (monitoring, smart metering, protection),
- safety systems for robotics and logistics applications.
We are looking for embedded software engineers (junior/senior). For more information, please read the full job posting below.
Due to the business expansion, we are looking for embedded software developers to partake in the following activities:
- elicitation and analysis of customer requirements,
- design and development of embedded software,
- hardware/software integration and testing,
- maintenance and customer support.
Desired skills and experience:
- programming languages: C, assembly, Python,
- embedded software development (RTOS, drivers, …),
- industrial communication protocols (CANbus, Ethernet-based industrial protocols like Modbus RTU, Power link, …),
- concept development and writing specifications,
- creating test specifications, testing, and commissioning,
- technical documentation preparation,
- functional safety standards (IEC 61508-3, EN 50128, EN 50657, ISO 26262-6),
- revision control systems (Git, Mercurial),
- issue tracking systems (Jira).
Note that previous work experience is welcome but not required. The skills and experience listed above are desired, not mandatory. Knowledge of the C programming language is the only prerequisite. We welcome both seasoned embedded engineers as well as young people eager to learn.
- university education (master’s /bachelor’s degree) of electrical engineering, IT, or related fields,
- good knowledge of English (spoken and written),
- innovation-driven mindset,
- ready to take on responsibility.
- opportunity for professional development,
- stable working environment,
- a friendly working atmosphere,
- flexible working conditions.