KONČAR – Electrical Engineering Institute, Inc. is a Croatian company dedicated to providing smart solutions, R&D services, and laboratory testing mostly in railway, energy, and industrial applications. In the area of embedded control systems, we are focused on providing dedicated and safety-related embedded solutions such as:
- control and monitoring equipment for railway vehicles (trams, trains, locomotives),
- equipment for power systems (monitoring, smart metering, protection),
- safety systems for robotics and logistics applications.
We are looking for Object Pascal programmers. For more information, please read the full job posting below.
Application programs for our embedded computer systems are developed using a block diagram-based programming language in Grap, our own graphical development environment. More information on the Grap environment can be found on our website and in the demo video. We are looking for programmers to join the R&D team developing and maintaining the Grap development environment.
Desired skills and experience:
- experience and motivation for programming in Object Pascal, in the latest Delphi IDE (current Delphi 10.4),
- ability to assume user point of view, for different levels of user expertise,
- application testing (specifying, conducting, and documenting test procedures and writing test reports),
- developing and maintaining user documentation and help the system,
- both frontend (GUI design) and backend programming,
- optimal programming of communication interfaces (RS232, TCP/IP, telnet, SSH),
- efficient display of rapidly incoming data (in real-time),
- development according to coding standards,
- readiness for learning to use existing Grap application including development and maintenance of:
- embedded target system programs,
- target support packages (block libraries),
- communication channels and protocols,
- work with virtual machines,
- functional safety standards (IEC 61508-3, EN 50128, EN 50657, ISO 26262-6),
- revision control systems (Git, Mercurial),
- issue tracking systems (Jira).
Note that previous work experience is welcome but not required. The skills and experience listed above are desired, not mandatory. Knowledge of Object Pascal is the only prerequisite. We welcome both seasoned programmers as well as young people eager to learn.
- university education (master’s /bachelor’s degree) of computer science, electrical engineering, IT, or related fields,
- good knowledge of English (spoken and written),
- innovation-driven mindset,
- ready to take on responsibility.
- opportunity for professional development,
- stable working environment,
- a friendly working atmosphere,
- flexible working conditions.