KONČAR – Electrical Engineering Institute, a Croatian company dedicated to providing intelligent solutions, R&D services, and laboratory testing in the railway and power sector, is looking for a Backend Developer (C++ or/and C#) who will have an opportunity to be a part of the Transformer Monitoring team responsible for the design and development of our globally recognized Transformer Monitoring System.
The main goal of the Transformer Monitoring System (TMS) is to improve asset management and prevent unplanned shutdowns of critical equipment in the power sector. It is based on proprietary hardware & software platform developed completely in-house. With systems installed around the globe, the TMS system sets the standards in the field of online condition and performance monitoring.
Your job responsibilities will be:
- Development of backend services for TMS, translating business requirements into functional, responsive, and reliable services
- Optimizing the backend solutions for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaboration with front-end developers to improve usability.
- Defining and writing test cases and executing tests throughout the development process.
- Maintaining the codebase.
- Providing mentorship to younger team members along with code reviews.
- Remotely support our fieldwork teams.
The job requirements we have for this role are:
- Proficiency in C++ or C# (or both).
- Advanced understanding of SQL databases.
- Good understanding of OOP.
- Experience with revision source control GIT.
- Experience in defining and writing test cases and executing tests.
- Basic understanding of WebSocket API.
- Basic understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of the English language.
Good to have:
- Basic understanding of industrial communication protocols and networks.
- Basic understanding of software testing.
- Basic understanding of WPF and .NET
- Sc./Master in Computer Science/Computer Engineering.
What do we offer:
- Work in a stable and promising company
- Work in a dynamic and challenging environment
- The friendly and supportive work atmosphere
- Flexible working hours
- Stimulating and regular income according to the achieved results
- Paid additional education and professional programs for the improvement of knowledge and skills
- Christmas and Easter bonuses, holiday cash grants
- Above-average vacation days
- Additional days of paid leave (e.g., marriage, the birth of a child, moving…)
- Additional cash benefits (e.g., the birth of a child, completion of post-graduate studies…)
- 24-hour employee insurance against the consequences of an accident
- Regular medical check-ups
- Leisure time recreation (Multisport card)
- Reimbursement of transportation costs to and from work
- Official mobile phone
Location: Zagreb (partially remote)
Application deadline: Open for one month
If you are an enthusiastic, motivated, and ambitious person, open to new challenges and knowledge, and have found yourself in a description, send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.