We are looking for Analysts to join our Rotational Development Program (RDP). This is a full-time position that prepares you for a key cross-departmental role at Jane Street. During the initial programme, you’ll spend your first year rotating through 3-5 Infrastructure subgroups—including Compliance, Finance, Settlements, Risk, and more—before being placed in a home group that matches your interests and our needs.During each of your rotations, you’ll work on projects that help you understand what each group does and what problems it helps solve within Jane Street. These projects can involve analysing data, finding and solving bottlenecks in existing processes, and integrating new initiatives into our operational, regulatory, and technical infrastructure.
This role combines big-picture project management with deep dives into detailed workflows, and the goal is to help you develop a comprehensive understanding of Jane Street’s business. Over time, your work will evolve from small pieces of larger initiatives to group-specific process improvements, and eventually to projects with implications for many groups across our firm.
We don’t expect you to have a background in finance or any other specific field—we’re looking for smart people who enjoy solving interesting problems. We’re more interested in how you think and learn than what you currently know. You should be:
- Excited to engage with diverse topics in finance, technology, and the law
- Interested in developing a broad range of technical skills, from working with and analysing data, to understanding and writing code
- Able to evaluate processes and create informed, concrete proposals; and to proactively lead those proposals from start to finish
- Proactive, reliable, and courteous with strong organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Eager to ask questions, admit mistakes, and constantly deepen your understanding
- Fluent in English