WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT A TECHNOLOGY CAREER AT IMC?
At IMC, technology is not a department; it’s at the heart of everything we do. Since the late 1980s, we’ve pioneered the use of technology to advance the development of market making and low-latency trading. Today, our technologists work alongside traders in multidisciplinary teams to push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
YOUR JOURNEY AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN
Our 12-week internship is your chance to learn what it means to be an engineer in a real-world environment. It’s about much more than just writing code: you’ll gain insight into algorithm complexity and data structures, get to know IMC’s unique business model and build valuable connections with our trading and technology teams. Where you go from here is up to you – the majority of our interns secure a graduate position at the end of the programme.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
As a software engineer intern, you will:
- Have an intensive first week of classroom-based training, giving you a deep dive in the trading landscape
- Enhance your knowledge of algorithm complexity, data structures and writing fluent code
- Receive support from a dedicated mentor
- Learn about IMC’s unique business model and way of working
- Network and build relationships with our trading and technology teams
- Take part in tailor-made workshops for your personal development, pair programming and peer reviews
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, with accommodation included
REASONS WHY THIS IS YOUR FUTURE INTERNSHIP
- You thrive working on meaningful and challenging projects
- You want to do much more than just write code and design technology
- You’re aiming to secure a graduate position before actually graduating
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- In (pen)ultimate year of Computer Science, Software Engineering degree or a related field
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to solve complicated problems programmatically
- Proficient experience in a programming language (Java or C++ preferred)
- Genuine interest in financial markets, though no prior knowledge or experience is required
- Available for at least 12 weeks
READY TO APPLY?
Our hiring process, including tips on applying and interviewing with IMC, is described on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start your journey with IMC.
IMC: JOIN THE LEADER IN GLOBAL MARKET MAKING
IMC is a leading global market maker with offices in Europe, the US and Asia-Pacific. We use algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across multiple trading venues. Our vital role, at the centre of the financial markets, provides liquidity for buyers and sellers worldwide.
In the late 1980s, IMC quickly identified the importance of technology in the fast-evolving trading environment. Our passion for innovation continues to drive us today. Although our company has grown rapidly over recent decades, we still approach our work with the same entrepreneurial spirit, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation. We like our people to think for themselves and we give them the responsibility and support they need to make an impact. This means real work as well as dedicated training programmes and mentors.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun – whether solving complex challenges or taking part in team-building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute to a better society through our foundation.