The IBM Client Innovation Center in Zagreb started working in 2016. It provides end-to-end IT services, including network management, server systems operations, maintenance, and monitoring of computer hardware and software, covering global markets. Employees manage systems that are critical for assuring optimal information technology performance for IBM and IBM’s clients globally.
We are looking for Windows administrators – system administrators who specialize configuring and maintaining Windows-based servers and also configure user access and maintain system stability and data security through deployment and migration.
This is a role which requires extensive familiarity with Windows servers and frequently involves user support tasks. As a Windows administrator, you will apply your expertise with the Windows operating system to support day-to-day system performance, and prevent data loss and unauthorized access.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Windows administrator role encompasses back-end IT support for business-critical and development-related departments and personnel.
Windows administrators use their knowledge of the Windows operating system and server administration to enable a reliable IT environment for clients.
- Configure Windows Servers,
- Provide Technical Support and Guidance,
- Perform System Maintenance,
- Monitor System Performance,
- Build System Back-ups,
- Maintain System Security.
- Problem Determination / Problem Source Identification,
- Standard Resolution Process, identify and apply known problems,
- Usage of test equipment & remote tools,
- Action plan Creation,
- Problem management, Remote Fix, Apply patches and Workarounds,
- Priority Support 7/24.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- IT Experience (at least 2 years),
- ITIL foundation.
- Good command of English language,
- Good Team player,
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel: during Project up to 1 day per week, during Transition (3 to 4 Months) up to 5 days a week,
- Provide On Duty Services one week (up to 5 times a year).
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
An advantage is if you have some of the following skills:
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate),
- Windows Server 2008,
- Windows Server 2012,
- Windows Server 2016,
- VMWare vSphere foundation,
- TCP/IP Networking essentials,
- Administration of Windows File shares,
- IT Experience 3 – 5 years,
- Gain ITIL foundation certification until Steady State.
German language is an advantage
Key Job Details
- Country: HR
- State: ZAGREBACKA ZUPANIJA
- City: ZAGREB
- Category: Technical Specialist
- Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Position Type: Early Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Req ID:208233BR
Additional information contact:
Mihaela Marina Prahin
Talent Acquisition Partner for Client Innovation Centre Zagreb