Gideon develops AI and 3D-vision based autonomous mobile robots for material handling in logistics, manufacturing, and other industrial environments. We are working with some of the biggest companies worldwide on automating their most complex material handling operations and enabling people to focus on what they do best, while robots take over the hard work. We can describe our team of 100+ super-talented people, including twelve PhDs and 55+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering, as an ambitious group of constantly learning dreamers, with different backgrounds, skills & experiences, always curious, very excited and passionate about what we do.
Scope of work:
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Gideon team and help develop electrical systems for our existing and upcoming robots. As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for designing electrical architecture, choosing adequate components, as well as system integration and optimization.
- Design E/E architecture for electrical robotic systems
- Make detailed requirement analysis to establish system architecture, component choices & interconnections.
- Analyze component datasheets for component specifications, selection & integration including motors, sensors, controllers, power electronics, specific cables, connectors, circuit breakers etc.
- PLC programming & configuration of various equipment
- Evaluate and analyze electrical systems and components and make valuable suggestions for improvements
- Develop detailed design documentation & requirements specification using CAD software (architecture, BOM, wiring diagrams, harness designs)
- Closely collaborate with the Embedded & Mechanical teams on integration tasks to ensure that positioning, electrical routing, thermal and other environmental requirements are met
- Setting up communication networks (wireless networks and fieldbuses)
- Provide support during power-up, integration & customer deployment phases
- BCS/MS in the field of Electrical Engineering or related fields
- 5+ years of PLC programming experience
- 5+ years of experience with electrical system architecture & electrical schematic design
- Demonstrated experience with CAD software for schematics and layout
- Good knowledge of different electrical components and their functionalities
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze specifications and requirements for various components
- Good knowledge of communication protocols used in industrial equipment
- Experience with common components and equipment used in electrical systems
- Creative problem solver ready to get to the root of the problem quickly
What makes you stand out:
- Previous hands-on experience with Embedded HW or SW development
- Experience with functional safety standards (ISO 13849)
- Hands-on experience in cabinet wiring
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms, developing breakthrough robotics & AI solutions, and deploying them at our customers’ sites.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for remote work.
- Meal-subsidy program.
- Kindergarten allowance/Tourist voucher.
- Regular yearly health check-ups.
- Supplementary health insurance.
- Christmas & Easter bonus.
- Baby bonus.
- Well-equipped testing & manufacturing halls right next to the Zagreb office.
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry and in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.
Ready to join us? Drop us your CV on the link & let’s talk! 🙂