About the position:
Python Software Engineer designs develop and maintain Python-based applications in our robotic ecosystem. For example application for booting and monitoring autonomous software stack and for communicating with other autonomous stack components such as Navigation, SLAM, Vision, etc., application for controlling robotic SWARM, application for over-the-air-update, and others. Writing documentation, testing developed solutions, and integrating them with other robotic modules. Working as an individual contributor within an agile team. We are looking for a person who will thoroughly understand the problem space and will work with cross-functional teams to design and implement solutions.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for several similar positions within our organization.
- Design and develop algorithmic and architectural solutions for a given problem in the software and robotics engineering domain using tools like:
- UML diagrams
- Source control
Contribute to our software modules:
- application for booting and monitoring Gideon Autonomous Software Stack while communicating with autonomous components inside the Stack.
- application for controlling and communicating within a robotic SWARM.
- application for an over-the-air update of Gideon Autonomous Software Stack.
- common code Python library.
Write software documentation for users and developers, with tools like Markdown, UML diagrams, and Sphinx.
Adopt and maintain software engineering principles and coding standards for clean architecture and code:
- object-orientated paradigm
- SOLID principles
- code comments and documentation.
- Submit code for code review and review other team members’ code.
- Collaborate with other development teams and QA teams.
- Continuous learning and improvements through internal and external education.
- BSc or MSc in Software Engineering, Automation, Computer Science, Informatics or a related engineering field.
- Strong Python development experience.
- Ability to analyze given tasks and propose architectural and algorithmic solutions.
- Experience with object-oriented programming (OOP).
- Experience writing multi-thread/multi-process programs.
- Ability to work in a team setting and contribute unique ideas to the group.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in a Linux-based operating system.
- Exposure to Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Similar industry work experience.
- Work experience in robotics software and environments, including ROS.
- Good knowledge of multiple programming/scripting languages such as C++ and Bash.
The selection process consists of 3 steps:
1. Initial talk –> 2. Technical discussion/task 3. Final talk
If you decide to join us this is what you get:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for remote work
- A buddy who will help you navigate in your first days and weeks
- Well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry and in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration
Gideon’s team of 100+ super-talented people, including various experts in the fields of robotics hardware and software engineering, is devoted to developing AI and 3D-vision-based autonomous mobile robots with a mission of making people’s work easier. Our robots assist people in logistics, manufacturing, retail, and other industrial environments. We are working with some of the biggest companies worldwide on automating their most complex material handling operations and enabling people to focus on what they do best while robots take over the hard work.
We can describe ourselves as an ambitious group of constantly learning dreamers with different backgrounds, skills, and experiences, very excited and passionate about what we do. We’re thrilled for the opportunity to work with so many great colleagues, customers, and partners, and above all, we cherish kindness, team spirit, and new ideas. There is much more to learn, so we hope this piqued your curiosity!
If this all sounds interesting to you, feel free to check out our job description and join our team of experts! We are looking forward to your application! 🙂