Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative, and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries.
In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 80+ super-talented people, including eight PhDs and 35+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are looking for a Junior or Mid Simulation Software Engineer in our Zagreb office, so feel free to apply if you find we would be a good fit.
Scope of work:
We are looking for a Simulation Software Engineer responsible for developing and maintaining our simulation models. As a simulation engineer, you will be responsible for building and modelling 3D robots’ models and environments in which they operate. You will have to deeply understand the robot’s kinematics and dynamics to ensure realistic robot motion and interaction with the environment. Finally, you will have to ensure that the robot’s interface is always up to date with the real robots’ interface.
If you love a dynamic workplace and are ready to learn something new almost every day, apply and join our team!
- robot modelling in Universal Robotic Description Language (URDF),
- design and development of Gazebo plugins,
- testing and ensuring that the tested robot functionalities are identical to real robots,
- maintaining simulation models as real robots evolve,
- occasional 3D model building in CAD software (e.g., Blender),
- precise and efficient communication with other development teams.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Robotics, or a related technical field,
- familiarity with the robot’s kinematic models and dynamics,
- good C++ coding skills,
- familiarity with the Linux environment,
- familiarity with Git or other source version control tools,
- familiarity with Docker.
- experience with robotics (academia/online courses or industry),
- experience with Robot Operating System (ROS),
- experience with robotics simulation environments (Gazebo, Stage, etc.),
- experience with Open Dynamics Engine, Bullet, or similar libraries,
- experience with 3D CAD software (e.g., Blender).
If this all sounds interesting to you, feel free to apply and join our team of experts! We are looking forward to your application! 🙂