Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 90+ super-talented people, including ten PhDs and 45+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are looking for a Junior or Mid Simulation Software Engineer in our Zagreb office, so feel free to apply if you find we would be a good fit.
Scope of work:
We are looking for a Simulation Software Engineer responsible for developing and maintaining our simulation models. As a simulation engineer, you will be responsible for building and modelling 3D robots’ models and environments in which they operate. You will have to deeply understand the robot’s kinematics and dynamics to ensure realistic robot motion and interaction with the environment. Finally, you will have to ensure that the robot’s interface is always up to date with the real robots’ interface.
If you love a dynamic workplace and are ready to learn something new almost every day, apply and join our team!
- Robot modeling in Universal Robotic Description Language (URDF).
- Design and development of Gazebo plugins.
- Testing and ensuring that the tested robot functionalities are identical to real robots.
- Maintaining simulation models as real robots evolve.
- Occasional 3D model building in CAD software (e.g., Blender).
- Precise and efficient communication with other development teams.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Robotics, or a related technical field.
- Familiarity with the robot’s kinematic models and dynamics.
- Good C++ coding skills.
- Familiarity with the Linux environment.
- Familiarity with Git or other source version control tools.
- Familiarity with Docker.
- Experience with robotics (academia/online courses or industry).
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Experience with robotics simulation environments (Gazebo, Stage, etc.).
- Experience with Open Dynamics Engine, Bullet, or similar libraries.
- Experience with 3D CAD software (e.g., Blender).
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation.
- Internal talks – fun deep dives into different fields of expertise.
- Well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work.
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry.
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.
If this all sounds interesting to you, feel free to apply and join our team of experts! We are looking forward to your application! 🙂