Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 80+ super-talented people, including nine PhDs and 45+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries.
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Engineer! As a Senior Embedded Engineer, we expect you to mentor and share knowledge with junior colleagues, as well as participate in the organisation of embedded development activities for various tasks related to architecture design, prototyping, low-level coding in C++ to testing and integration in the final phase.
Scope of work:
As a Senior Embedded Engineer, we expect you to mentor and share knowledge with junior colleagues, as well as participate in the organisation of embedded development activities for various tasks related to architecture design, prototyping, low-level coding in C++ to testing and integration in the final phase. This role also includes working on robotic control and safety systems to deliver features to enhance and maintain the most critical components of Gideon Brothers’ robot solution. You will closely collaborate with hardware and software engineers to deliver reliable end solution.
- mentor other colleagues and participate in the organization activities of a small team,
- participate in the development of embedded hardware and software (design and implement firmware for embedded systems, implement communication protocols, design testing procedures and the firmware optimization),
- actively participate in project discussions related to embedded development activities, design and review,
- participate in the production of embedded systems (documentation, BOM, assembly, communication with suppliers and subcontractors),
- create and review documentation, as well as firmware revision control,
- closely collaborate with hardware engineers in the development, integration, and debugging of prototype hardware.
- MSc in the field of Electrical Engineering or related fields,
- at least 3+ years of experience in electronics development,
- at least 2+ experience of mentoring team members or leading a small team,
- knowledge of various relevant peripherals in a microcontroller,
- experience with debugging and troubleshooting an embedded system,
- experience in writing firmware for low-level microcontrollers meeting strict coding standards and requirements,
- knowledge of various communication protocols,
- understanding of Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and related concepts,
- good software development capabilities, primarily C/C++. Good knowledge of OOP concepts,
- knowledge of PCB design software, such as Altium designer/Circuit studio,
- excellent organizational and communication skills.
- a self-organizing and self-driven person with broad experience in electrical engineering,
- experience with robotics in general,
- experience with ARM Cortex M series microcontrollers,
- experience with embedded Linux development,
- experience with motor control and battery management systems,
- understanding the importance of mechanical integration,
- good prototyping capabilities and hands-on approach.
What we offer:
- joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation,
- internal talks – fun deep dives into different fields of expertise,
- well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office,
- flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work,
- exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools,
- relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues,
- working in a dynamic and exciting industry,
- working in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.
If this all sounds interesting to you, feel free to apply and join our team of experts! We are looking forward to your application! 🙂