Gideon Brothers develop autonomous, collaborative modular robot platforms and autonomous technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 75 super-talented people, including 10 PhDs and 46 Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are looking for a Robotic Software Engineer for our Zagreb office. For more info, follow the link or keep reading.
Scope of Work:
In this position, the candidate will be a part of our hardware & software development team working on the development of software infrastructure for controlling, commissioning and simulating robot behavior. The team is responsible for design, validation and testing activities for functional parts and systems used in our robotic products and applications. The candidate must be able to work as a member of a small team. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about working on complex and exciting robotic systems of the future.
- Development of software support for controlling, commissioning and simulating the physical robot system,
- Definition of software interface for controlling and status monitoring of the robot platform,
- Build tools for easy diagnostics of deployed robotic systems,
- Communication with firmware development teams for exposing hardware API,
- Development and maintaining of simulation tools and matching the simulation with the physical system,
- Preparation of documentation for development engineers.
- BSc or MSc in Robotics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related engineering fields,
- C/C++ and Python coding skills,
- Good engineering practices, coding by standards and good debugging skills,
- Familiarity with Linux environment/Bash,
- Familiarity with the following frameworks/tools: ROS, Gazebo, Qt, Protobuffers, Git,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English,
- Self-organized person capable of handling multiple projects,
- Communication skills, teamwork, and ability to work under pressure.
- Hands-on experience with embedded systems,
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency.
If this all sounds interesting to you, feel free to apply and join our team of experts in this adventure! We are looking forward to your application!