Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. We are looking for a Junior Computer Vision Engineer to join our team of super-talented people! For more info, follow the link or keep reading!
Scope of work:
In this position, you will participate in the development of computer vision algorithms based on a stereo vision system. This will help the robot to act reasonably. We are looking for a person who will work on embedded software as well as high-level computer vision components.
- Participate in the development of state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms based on stereo vision systems: applications such as dense stereo reconstruction, feature tracking, visual odometry, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), scene reconstruction, state estimation, fusion with inertial sensors, etc.
- Participate in the development of firmware for a stereo vision system.
- Work with unique datasets from extensive full-scale robot operation.
- Help identify technical limitations and devise strategies to overcome them.
- Student, BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Robotics or related field,
- Solid foundation in linear algebra, optimization, numerical methods, and other basic algorithms,
- C++ and Python coding skills,
- Basic proficiency in Linux environment (Ubuntu),
- Familiarity with Git or another source control tool,
- Interest in computer vision and a strong affinity for learning.
- Experience with computer vision, especially stereo vision, plus libraries such as OpenCV,
- Experience with parallel computing libraries CUDA/OpenCL,
- Experience with robotics/ROS,
- Hands-on experience with embedded systems,
- Experience with the mainstream deep learning frameworks, including TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe,
- Experience with the development of visual odometry, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), scene reconstruction, state estimation and fusion with inertial sensors.
If this all sounds interesting to you, feel free to apply and join our team of experts! We are looking forward to your application!