Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 100+ super-talented people, including twelve PhDs and 50+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering. We are an ambitious team of constantly learning dreamers, with different backgrounds, skills, and experiences. Above all, we cherish the curiosity for understanding and solving our customer’s toughest mobile automation challenges. We are fast to deliver, have a team-first mindset, and we’re humbled to have the opportunity to work with so many great colleagues, customers, and partners.
Gideon Brothers is going through an exciting phase of rapid growth and we are looking for a Functional Safety Manager who is passionate about researching and ensuring compliance with the relevant regulations!
Scope of work:
In this role, you will be a part of our hardware development team and actively participate in product development, quality & reliability activities to ensure that general product and functional safety standards are achieved and maintained for both the current and future products. Functional Safety Manager will create procedures and guidelines to ensure that legislative and industry regulations are met in both international and domestic markets. Working with both management and engineering teams, you will coordinate information between departments, educate the design teams on product specifications and their implications regarding regulatory requirements.
- Lead the product compliance requirements research and implementation for the company portfolio, both on the product and the component level
- Ensure that the functional safety requirements are known and met for each safety-critical part of the system
- Working on, organizing, and maintaining documentation related to – including but not limited to – test reports, safety manuals, safety concepts, safety requirements, review reports, etc.
- Managing, directing, and leading the problem resolution and tracking process and providing feedback on the status of tracked problems
- Work with regulatory agencies to understand upcoming changes in regulations and their impact on new and legacy Gideon Brothers’ products, communicating these changes to a cross-functional group
- Review Engineering Changes (ECRs) for compliance conformance
- Prepare the relevant documentation and reports for the upper management decision-making process
- BSc/MSc/+ in Electrical engineering or other related engineering fields
- 2-4 years of experience with research and implementation of regulatory compliance requirements in product design
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze specifications and requirements for various components
- A working knowledge of international regulations, certifications, declarations, and standards such as Machinery Directive, Low Voltage Directive, NOM, RoHS, REACH, CE, Conflict Minerals, and EMC
- Experience working with certification bodies such as TUV, UL, CSA, etc.
- Expert knowledge and industry experience with safety concepts, hazard analysis and risk assessment, FMEA/DFMEA, at both system and sub-system level
- Experience with risk assessment in line with ISO12100 and SISTEMA software
- Good knowledge of different electrical components and their functionalities
- Knowledge of relevant standards related to general systems encountered in mobile robots (sensors, controllers, battery systems, chargers, power converters, etc.)
- Experience with any of the following standards: EN ISO 13850, EN ISO 13849, EN 60204, EN 1175, EN 1525, EN 1526, ISO 3691, IEC 61800, R15.06, R15.08, and B56
- Proven record of integrating regulatory requirements from design to production
- Hands-on experience with embedded systems
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation
- Meal-subsidy program
- Kindergarten allowance/Tourist voucher
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work
- Baby bonus
- Health check-ups
- Christmas & Easter bonus
- Internal talks – fun deep dives into different fields of expertise
- Well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry and a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration
Do you have what it takes to become our Functional Safety Manager? Drop us your CV and let’s talk!