Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 100+ super-talented people, including twelve PhDs and 50+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are an ambitious team of constantly learning dreamers, with different backgrounds, skills, and experiences. Above all, we cherish the curiosity for understanding and solving our customer’s toughest mobile automation challenges. We are fast to deliver, have a team-first mindset, and we’re humbled to have the opportunity to work with so many great colleagues, customers, and partners.
Scope of work:
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our Gideon Brothers’ team and help us develop electrical systems for our existing and upcoming robots. As an Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for designing electrical architecture, choosing the adequate components, as well as the system integration and optimization.
- Design E/E architecture for electrical robotic systems.
- Make detailed requirement analysis to establish system architecture, component choices and interconnections.
- Analyze component datasheets for component specifications, selection, and integration including motors, sensors, controllers, power electronics, specific cables, connectors, circuit breakers, network equipment and/or other electrical devices for established projects.
- PLC programming and configuration of various equipment.
- Evaluate and analyze electrical systems and components and make valuable feedback and suggestions for improvements.
- Develop detailed design documentation and requirements specifications using CAD software (architecture, BOM, wiring diagrams, harness designs).
- Closely collaborate with the Embedded and Mechanical teams on integration tasks to ensure that positioning, electrical routing, thermal and other environmental requirements are met.
- Setting up communication networks (wireless networks and fieldbuses).
- Provide support during power-up, integration and customer deployment phases.
- Cooperate with suppliers in terms of component specification and integration when needed.
- BCS/MS in the field of Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- 3+ years of PLC programming experience.
- 3+ years of experience with electrical system architecture and electrical schematic design.
- Demonstrated experience with CAD software for schematics and layout.
- Good knowledge of different electrical components and their functionalities.
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze specifications and requirements for various components.
- Good knowledge of communication protocols used in industrial equipment.
- Experience with common components and equipment used in electrical systems.
- Creative problem solver ready to get to the root of the problem quickly.
What makes you stand out:
- Previous hands-on experience with Embedded HW or SW development.
- Experience with functional safety standards (ISO 13849).
- Hands-on experience in cabinet wiring.
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation.
- Meal-subsidy program.
- Kindergarten allowance/Tourist voucher.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work.
- Baby bonus.
- Health check-ups.
- Christmas & Easter bonus.
- Internal talks – fun deep dives into different fields of expertise.
- Well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office.
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry and in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.
If this all sounds interesting to you, feel free to apply and join our team of experts! We are looking forward to your application! 🙂