Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 90+ super-talented people, including ten PhDs and 45+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are looking for a Junior Computer Vision Engineer for our Zagreb office.
Scope of work: In this position, you will participate in development of computer vision algorithms based on a stereo vision system. This will help the robot to act reasonably. We are looking for a person who will work on embedded software as well as high-level computer vision components.
- develop and implement state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms based on a stereo vision system,
- develop firmware for stereo vision system,
- work with unique datasets from extensive full-scale robot operation,
- identify technical limitations and devise strategies to overcome them.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics or related field,
- good understanding of linear algebra, optimization, numerical methods, and other basic algorithms,
- C/C++ and Python coding skills,
- familiarity with Linux environment,
- familiarity with Git or another source version control tool,
- interest in computer vision and a strong affinity for learning.
- experience with computer vision libraries such as OpenCV,
- experience with parallel computing libraries CUDA/OpenCL,
- experience with robotics/ROS,
- hands-on experience with embedded systems,
- experience with the mainstream deep learning frameworks, including TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe.
What we offer:
- joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation,
- internal talks – fun deep dives into different fields of expertise,
- well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office,
- flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work
- exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools,
- relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues,
- working in a dynamic and exciting industry,
- working in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.
If this all sounds interesting to you, feel free to apply and join our team of experts! We are looking forward to your application! 🙂