Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative, and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 80+ super-talented people, including nine PhDs and 45+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. We are looking for a C++ Software Engineer for our Zagreb office!
We are looking for a Junior, Mid, and Senior C++ Engineer, so feel free to apply!
Scope of work: In this position, you will be focused on creating and developing the next-generation autonomy stack. You will work with cross-functional teams, helping create the architecture that will represent the brain of the autonomous system with the ability to make safety-critical decisions in a matter of milliseconds. You will need to thoroughly understand the problem space and work with cross-functional teams in order to design and implement solutions.
- architect and develop software for the brain module of the full autonomy stack,
- develop vision and direction for performance, reliability, and deployment of software on-board,
- cooperate with system engineers and robotics domain engineers,
- specification of internal and external interfaces,
- improve and deliver reliable automated software testing and code reviews,
- prepare of system documentation.
- several years of industry work experience writing production-quality code in C++,
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field,
- experience in C/C++ architecture, debugging, performance, diagnostics measurement skills,
- knowledge and experience in real-time, low-latency applications, high-rate packet processing, and high-performance computing,
- basic knowledge of Linux Kernel, Threading, Resource Management, Caching, and Profiling,
- proficiency in Agile development and testing methodologies and best practices,
- excellent communication skills and fluency in English.
What makes you stand out:
- work experience in robotics software and environments, including ROS, Gazebo, Stage, etc,
- practical experience with sensors such as camera, Lidar and other autonomy-enabling systems.
What we offer:
- joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation,
- internal talks – fun deep dives into different fields of expertise,
- well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office,
- flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work,
- exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools,
- relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues,
- working in a dynamic and exciting industry,
- working in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.
If this all sounds interesting to you, feel free to apply and join our team of experts! We are looking forward to your application! 🙂