Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our employees conduct research at more than 70 institutes and research institutions in the fields of health, security, communications, mobility, production, energy and the environment.
At Image Processing Department at Fraunhofer ITWM we are developing individual image processing solutions for problems in production, medical technology and material science based on innovative mathematical models and algorithms in close cooperation with industrial customers and research institutes.
Opportunities for your career with Fraunhofer are just as varied as our research fields: whether in training, as a student assistant, as an intern, for your thesis or PhD, as a scientist or in administration – become part of the team! We are looking for Software Developer (m/f) who is using C++ and Elixir.
What you can expect
You will work on the development of modern software tools in the context of industrial image processing and the development of real-time systems that have to withstand the toughest demands in production. You will learn new programming languages and tools. In addition, we offer you the freedom for your creativity and initiative.
What we are looking for
To strengthen our team we are looking for a highly motivated software developer. Your skills should cover at least some of the topics below
- Experience in Erlang or Elixir programming, especially OTP-Pattern and the Phoenix-Framework
- Knowledge of functional programming pattern (fold, map, recursion)
- Knowledge of parallel and concurrent programming pattern (channels, threads, fire-and-forget, MPSC, SIMD, message-passing, actors)
- Experience in modern C++ programming (>= C++11)
- Solid Linux (Ubuntu) system and shell skills
- GIT and Subversion knowledge