Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our employees conduct research at more than 70 institutes and research institutions in the fields of health, security, communications, mobility, production, energy and the environment.
At Image Processing Department at Fraunhofer ITWM we are developing individual image processing solutions for problems in production, medical technology and material science based on innovative mathematical models and algorithms in close cooperation with industrial customers and research institutes.
Opportunities for your career with Fraunhofer are just as varied as our research fields: whether in training, as a student assistant, as an intern, for your thesis or PhD, as a scientist or in administration – become part of the team! We are looking for Graphflow Analysis for Image Processing Systems Intern (m/f).
ToolIP is an image processing software with graph based data flow. Image processing (IP) algorithms can be easily developed by connecting basic building blocks (IP plugins). Typical IP solutions consist of several hundreds plugins.
To optimize a given IP graph we must:
- analyze the runtime behavior,
- analyze the memory consumption,
- find bottlenecks,
- find expensive plugins, branches, and subgraphs,
- find concurrently running plugins and paths
- Extend analyze tools
- Study graph algorithms from graph theory
- Test on real application graphs
- Topic can be focused on:
- mathematics (graphflow analysis)
- computer science (tools to measure graph behaviour)
- image processing (analysis on semantic level)
- Programming skills are advantageous (R, C, or C++)
Apply by sending your CV, cover letter and transcript of records to firstname.lastname@example.org.