Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Want to build new features and improve existing products that more than a Billion people around the world use? Are you interested in working on highly impactful technical challenges to help the world be more open and connected? Want to solve unique, large-scale, highly complex technical problems?
Our development cycle is extremely fast, and we’ve built tools to keep it that way. It’s common to write code and have it running live on the site just hours later. We push code to the site continuously and have small teams that build products that are touched by millions of people around the world. If you work for us, you will be able to make an impact immediately.
You can help build the next-generation of systems behind Facebook’s products, create web applications that reach millions of people, build high volume servers and be a part of a team that’s working to help people connect with each other around the globe.
This position is full-time and there are minimal travel requirements.
- Code high-volume software using primarily C++ and Java
- Create web applications using primarily PHP
- Build report interfaces and data feeds
- Experience in C++, Java, Perl, PHP, or Python
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Demonstrated software engineering experience from previous internship, work experience, coding competitions, or publications