Eridan is a rapidly-growing startup located in California and Zagreb, building 5G radios to enable abundant wireless connectivity everywhere in the world. Our MIRACLE™ transceiver uses a polar modulator at its output, features a decade of software-controlled tunability with high wall-plug efficiency independent of output power, and unprecedented linearity; there is nothing like it in the entire world. We aspire to put an Eridan transceiver in every wireless device in the world.
Eridan is currently building out our digital design team in both California and Zagreb. As a full-time RF Hardware Engineer in Zagreb, you will focus on the characterization of complex RF and mixed-signal circuits and systems to realize and improve the company’s products.
In this role you will:
- Learn about and get experience in state-of-the-art communications technology, hardware, and test equipment.
- Characterize components, circuits, and subsystems, and develop solutions to improve system performance.
- Design and manage the building of printed circuit boards, thermal solutions for device testing.
- Write remote-control programs for product characterization procedures, system calibration and demonstration sequences.
- Perform mixed-signal circuit and system analysis and troubleshooting, get acquainted with a wide variety of technologies: Eridan uses GaN-based circuits for RF, CMOS for mixed signal and digital functions, while the transceiver is software controlled and digitally driven.
- Participate in designing and building 5G radios as a team member, communicate your results and collaborate with teams in Zagreb and in Mountain View, California.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or other engineering discipline.
- Has strong technical and analytical skills and be comfortable working and solving problems independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Is motivated by delivering quality work, has initiative, persistence, curiosity, and good communication skills (ability to communicate in the English language is highly desired).
- Proficiency in scripting and programming in C/C++ and/or MATLAB, ability to write simple programs that, for example, estimate signal spectrum from time domain measurements, the effect of parasitic elements on frequency response, and numerically estimate statistics of measured data.
Extra points if you have one or more of the following:
- Theoretical understanding of radiofrequency electronics and circuit analysis (and this is more important than laboratory experience, but candidate should be motivated to spend most of his/her time in the laboratory environment as this is a position that requires hands-on work).
- Familiarity with circuit design programs ADS or Cadence, having done at least one tape-out in any of these tools.
- Familiarity with any of the PCB design tools and experience with designing PCB layouts for high frequency operation: RF or mixed-signal circuits.
What’s cool about working at Eridan:
- Flexible hybrid remote work policy.
- Opportunity to work with an international team of engineers and computer scientists on a technologically challenging and unique communications system.
- Be directly involved in converting an idea into a qualified product.
Eridan is an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org