Eridan is a rapidly-growing startup building 5G radios to enable affordable broadband connectivity everywhere in the world. Our MIRACLE transceiver decreases the cost and power required to roll out 5G by 10x, accelerating the adoption of technologies ranging from augmented reality and virtual reality, autonomous vehicles and robots, industrial IOT, and ubiquitous AI/Machine Learning at the edge.
We’re a rapidly growing team racing to put an Eridan transceiver in every wireless device in the world and build sustainable mobile infrastructure. We believe in the power of teamwork and focus to enable outsized results.
About this position:
Eridan is currently building out our software team in both California and Zagreb. As a Embedded Software Engineer you’ll work in a fast-moving design environment to develop software that runs on in and around an embedded target. You will design and implement reliable software that empowers low-cost communication.
A successful Embedded Software Engineer at Eridan will have strong technical and analytical skills and be comfortable working and solving problems independently. We look for engineers with persistence, curiosity, and good communication skills.
As our Embedded Software Engineer, you will:
- Work with FPGA boards (Xilinx and Lattice) to enable 5G microcells
- Implement a subset of 5G protocols
- Bringup various FPGA boards
- Implement C programs on RISC-V to talk to FPGA
- Develop driver for our custom ASIC
- Architect and design various embedded modules
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years experience in C development
- Strong understanding of multi threading and data structures
- Understanding computer/memory/io bounds
- Understanding of locking concepts
- Memory allocation, pools, etc
- C11 or higher
- Ability to structure a new C project for ease of future development
- Unit and Integration testing
- Familiarity with bit manipulation
- Understanding of Linux system and how it affects userspace applications
- Compiler flags
- GNU Makefile
- Strong understanding of networking
- Zero copy techniques
- Create API specifications for functions, data structures, classes
Preferred Qualities/Nice to have:
- MS in Computer Science
- Experience with RISCV
- Experience with ARM
- Ability to read assembly
- Side projects in opensource
Perks of working at Eridan
- Opportunity to make a significant impact
- Flexible hybrid remote work policy
- Opportunities to learn, develop, and advance
- Working with smart, passionate, and helpful co-workers
- Opportunity to work with an international team of engineers and computer scientists on a technologically challenging and unique communications system.
** Partial participation in meetings with US team can lead to them being later than 4 pm.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.