Eridan is a rapidly-growing startup located in California and Zagreb, building 5G radios to enable abundant wireless connectivity everywhere in the world. Our MIRACLE™ transceiver uses a polar modulator at its output, features a decade of software-controlled tunability with high wall-plug efficiency independent of output power, and unprecedented linearity; there is nothing like it in the entire world. We aspire to put an Eridan transceiver in every wireless device in the world.
Eridan is currently building out our digital design team in both California and Zagreb. As a Circuit Designer, you will focus on the design of circuits for three main applications: RF switching for polar modulation at frequencies up to 10 GHz, wideband linear amplifiers in the DC-to-VHF frequency band, and MHz-range switching electronics for agile power management, all in gallium nitride technology. The Eridan product currently uses more than one GaN chip. The company office address is Eridan Communications d.o.o., Ulica Lavoslava Ružičke 32, HR-10000 Zagreb, Croatia.
In this role you will:
- Gain experience in all phases of RF circuit design (schematic, layout, verification) for a unique and very complex GaN product: the chips we design are among the most complex circuits present-day GaN foundries produce. Eridan uses Keysight’s Advanced Design System (ADS) for circuit design.
- Contribute to the overall digital and analog system design, participate in strategizing GaN technology solutions, packaging, and interface to digital electronics.
- Design and layout a variety of new circuits to be used in Eridan’s transceivers product and product versions and have the opportunity to test out your ideas – we patent original and useful ideas.
- Verify supplier’s device models by making laboratory measurements on devices; develop and verify in-house device models when needed and incorporate them into the process design kit.
- Plan and implement testing sequences and statistical analyses.
- Participate in Design Reviews for circuits and participate in the technical and business discussion with the foundry.
- When needed verify ideas and problems using MATLAB models.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or another engineering discipline.
- At least one engineering employment.
- Proficient in scripting and programming languages in C/C++, MATLAB
- Ability to read schematics and component data sheets
- Has strong technical and analytical skills and be comfortable working and solving problems independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Is motivated by delivering quality work, has initiative, persistence, curiosity, and good communication skills (ability to communicate in the English language is highly desired).
Extra points if you have one or more of the following:
- Theoretical understanding of radiofrequency communication technology.
- Working experience with ADS RF-analog circuit design.
- Theoretical knowledge of communications theory.
What’s cool about working at Eridan:
- Flexible hybrid remote work policy.
- Opportunity to work with an international team of engineers and computer scientists on a technologically challenging and unique communications system.
- Be directly involved in converting an idea into a qualified product.
Eridan is an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. To be employed, the candidate must be a citizen of the European Union or the United States of America.