Ericsson Nikola Tesla Research and Development Center in Zagreb is the largest telecom R&D center in the region. Our organization has been growing very fast for the last couple of years and we need you to help us bring new technology worldwide.
What will you do:
Work in a cross-functional international team on a new project for environment monitoring of cell towers throughout the globe. The main task is software development on a compact embedded Linux hardware device which delivers real-time updates of environment data (for example: temperature, humidity and various GPIO) to the core network while maintaining high availability and low power footprint.
Other tasks include:
- Participation in decision-making about hardware choices
- Development of hardware-near device drivers and signal processing algorithms
- Writing highly structured code having testing capabilities in mind
- Using real-time paradigms directly in code
- Documenting your code
- Reviewing code of other contributors
What are the desired skills:
- Degree from a technical university
- Being fluent in C and/or C++ programming language
- Basic to intermediate understanding of embedded systems with real-time capabilities
- Basic understanding of computer networks
What experience is considered as an extra:
- Working with headless Linux computers
- Working with shell-like script programming languages (Bash, Python, Perl)
- Working with Yocto/Open embedded build framework
- Experience with Git
- Advanced knowledge of embedded systems (software and hardware)
What will you get:
- Latest HP EliteBook class notebook with dual monitor setup
- Mobile phone (full-time employees)
- Flexible working hours
- Regular bonuses
- Opportunity to travel to international Ericsson facilities (ranging from Sweden to China) for educational purposes and project participation
If you want to:
- Work on systems that are produced in the scale of millions
- Have an impact on designing worldwide used equipment
- Cooperate with international teams
- Make precise and highly functional software with firm structure
- Have fun doing it
You can send your CV (we have a template if you need one) to email@example.com, you can also ask him any questions if you like. We will contact you after initial screening, and you can start working as early as September.
If you’re a student looking for a job during semester, we have a place for you too.
P.S. If you are reading this on your mobile phone, there’s a huge chance that our software is running somewhere around you.