The aim of the EPFL Blue Brain Project (BBP), a Swiss brain research initiative founded and directed by Professor Henry Markram, is to establish simulation neuroscience as a complementary approach alongside experimental, theoretical and clinical neuroscience to understanding the brain, by building the world’s first biologically detailed digital reconstructions and simulations of the mouse brain.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a focus on cloud technologies to strengthen BBP’s simulation and High-Performance Computing team.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Participate in the development and deployment of cloud-native technologies for scientific applications around Blue Brain’s software stack
- Working with infrastructure teams to automate the cloud deployment pipelines with infrastructure as a code
- Contribute to the development of scientific data-processing and simulation software toolchains using Python or C++
- Contribute to the software quality control of the Blue Brain Project
Essential skills and experience required :
- Professional experience setting up cloud infrastructure, building and running software in cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience in either Python or C++ for software building, testing, and release.
- Good team player and fluent English in speech and writing
Preferred experience in:
- Building and running software on HPC and other scientific compute environments
- Setting up or maintaining cloud operations in production
- Big Data technology such as Spark, Hadoop, Dask, or similar
- Software quality control and testing
- Linux-based system administration
- Master’s degree in computer science and/or computer engineering
- An open mindset, excited to collaboratively overcome technical challenges, solve puzzles and learn new things
- Quality-driven work ethics
We offer :
- An internationally visible project in simulation-based research in neuroscience using large-scale computing.
- A dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary working environment.
- A diverse and friendly team
- A beautiful and flexible working environment based at Campus Biotech near the lakeside in Geneva
Start date :
as soon as possible
Term of employment :
Work rate :
Apply at the link.