Text Analysis and Knowledge Engineering Lab (TakeLab) at FER, University of Zagreb, Croatia, invites applications for student internships in the 2022-Q2 round. The internships are in R&D for natural language processing. We offer a half-time internship from 3 to 6 months with a possibility for extension. The internship period is from March 2022 (the earliest) till the end of December 2022 (the latest). The internship period is negotiated on a per-person basis.
TakeLab FER is a young and dynamic research team and the leading group for Natural Language Processing and Text Analytics in Croatia. The group pursues diverse research topics, ranging from information extraction and semantic search to computational semantics, opinion mining, and social media text analysis.
- implementing machine learning models on natural language processing problems
- integrating and optimizing machine learning models for production software systems – software development on natural language processing-based systems
- 1+ years of programming in an object-oriented language
- computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, and distributed systems
- Linux / git / networking basics
- eagerness to learn
- research interest in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- 3+ months of hands-on software development experience
- pursuing a Bachelor’s / Master’s / Ph.D. in Computer Science
- familiarity with Python
With us, you can:
- develop state-of-the-art machine learning frameworks NLP
- be a part of the best Croatian NLP research group
- publish papers for top tier NLP conferences (ACL, NAACL, EMNLP)
- expand your software development skillset in our TakeLab skills sessions
- help yourself to relevant NLP and machine learning literature
- open-source your work – exercise for free in sports complex Martinovka
- unwind in Christmas parties and summer Sljeme hikes (if COVID permits)
Please direct all your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications (a short Statement of Interest and a CV, combined in a single PDF) should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
All applications received before 18 February, 2022 will receive full consideration. The positions remain open until filled. As an equal opportunities employer, TakeLab FER positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, and maternity.