Have you ever wished to work in an early-stage startup and build a product from scratch so that you are able to bring your skills and innovation into the product from day one?
We want you to become a full-time teammate with equity, who is part of the entire STYLERZ story. We are not looking for usual employees. Therefore the challenges and opportunities which you will face are totally special. This is not a common job posting. It might be a great chance, but please read it carefully before applying.
What Is It?
Work for STYLERZ at ZICER (Zagrebački inovacijski centar) during the 3 month period of Startup Factory (Accelerator Program) from October to December and get a chance to become a full-time teammate!
We are actually looking for full-time teammates, but unfortunately, a job interview sometimes doesn’t say enough for both sides. That’s why we see this 3 month period as the ideal time for figuring out if we do fit together. If yes, you’ll become a full-time teammate and co-owner of STYLERZ with equity.
What Will We Do In This 3 Months
STYLERZ will become a Social Commerce Marketplace for the fashion industry. We believe, we will revolutionize the fashion industry in many ways, but certainly by pioneering sustainable and animal-friendly fashion. We’ll go through the development phase of our MVP from scratch while dealing with an uncertain but also enjoyable prospering startup world environment.
What Will You Learn In This 3 Months
- You will learn a lot about the startup world by practicing it
- How to work in such an uncertain and sometimes chaotic environment
- You will learn how to find solutions to problems when there is no senior executive to ask for
- And you will learn how it’s possible to create great things from any place in the world, for the entire world
Why Work With Us?
We are based in Zagreb, Croatia, but as tech entrepreneurs, we have chosen the path of Silicon Valley techies. We share the early-stage startup values commonly practiced in Silicon Valley, and our actions reflect that. We are NOT looking for „Employees“ to pay them good salaries and benefit from their work. We are looking for „Teammates“ who will become a part of our entire story. We are a startup with a flat hierarchy where anyone’s word is heard and the best argument wins. We expect all our teammates to give their best and sometimes even sacrifice themselves for the entire mission. In return, teammates are co-owners of STYLERZ with equity and are able to prosper as people with their hard and soft skills.
How do I know if I’m the right person for an early-stage startup that shares values from Silicon Valley?
Keep in mind, open, direct, and honest communication is “key” to success. Our team can only prosper if we care about and practice this every day. So please answer these following questions upfront to yourself honestly.
- Do the values of a specific startup give you enough reason and willingness to sacrifice yourself when necessary?
- Is the mission more important than salary?
- Are you ready to invest your entire time in one single startup for the next several years in exchange for equity that may or may not be worth one day a lot of money?
- Am I an open person ready to receive and give direct feedback and be always honest to any of my teammates including the CEO who is nothing else than your teammate as well?
If you can answer all those questions with yes, this might be something for you.
What We Wish From Our Future „Teammates“ Before They Apply
- 3+ years of iOS development experience with Swift and OOP principles
- You have been working on complex projects in a team
- Experience with CocoaPods and Carthage dependency managers
- Experience with architectural patterns such as MVC, MVVM, MVP, VIPER
- Experience with design patterns such as singletons, delegates, observers
- Experience with iOS animations and ARKit, SwiftUI, SceneKit
- Experience with writing test cases, Quick and Nimble
- Experience with a reactive framework (RxSwift, ReactiveCocoa)
- Excellent knowledge on server side with Swift, API-based applications, REST, server-side systems, JSON, Protobuf, WebSockets, Vapor
- Excellent backend programming with Firebase etc.
- Passionate about iOS and up to date with the latest news (WWDC etc.)
- Experience in using Fastlane for automation and deployment
- Good knowledge of Git
- Collaborate with the design team to implement UX improvements
- Knowledge of iOS UI patterns and design principles
- Understanding provisioning profiles and certificates
- You have published apps on the AppStore
- A genuine interest in emerging mobile technologies and a desire for improvement and progress
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple departments
- Fast learner, open and eager to take on modern technologies
- Good English skills, both in verbal and written form
- Pragmatic and production-oriented
- You are persistent until you get it right
- Good sense of humor ^^
You’ll Get Us If…
- Prominent applications in your portfolio
- Involvement with Open Source community
- Strong StackOverflow profile
- Professional experience with Android
- Experience with ML, AR or VR
- Experience with 3D file formats and implementation
- Experience in DevOps with Docker or similar
- Whatever you might find unique or interesting
- Care about user-centric products
- Value curiosity above your comfort zone
- Observe, challenge, and improve ideas on a daily basis
Understanding the Silicon Valley Startup Salary & Equity Principles
In the beginning, we do offer salaries that cover your expenses, so that you can live and work normally in Zagreb. In the beginning, we do not offer salaries that are customary in the market.
As soon as we have finished our MVP or MAP (Minimum Awesome Product), and we have proof of concept and active paying users, the game changes. When we become VC-backed anyone will be paid as much as his or her current market price is. In the Valley, it is also a bad custom to take high salaries when we are backed by Venture Capitalists.
When we achieve product-market fit, and Venture Capital is not our main income anymore, then we go the Netflix way and anyone gets paid higher than their current market value.
If salary is your first requirement, you haven’t answered all the above questions with “yes” and this might not be the right path for you. Agencies in Zagreb can pay high salaries due to the industry they work in „service sector“. We develop our own innovative fashion industry game-changing product, so we rely on our success to be able to pay high salaries – as usual in Silicon Valley and elsewhere.
After the 3 month period, if we fit together, you will get your equity and become a full-time teammate.
Please keep in mind, it costs us much more money to try and find another person for another 3 months testing period, instead of giving equity to the first person that fits. Therefore we are very interested that you, the first few men and/or women are the right ones. So please be honest to yourself about what your goals and intentions for the future really are.
If you are unsure, don’t worry. You can still apply, but tell us about your open questions, we’ll go through it together.
If you are unsure about anything before you apply, you can also write us your questions under the same e-mail address team (manki) stylerz.app.
What we offer
- The opportunity to develop a world-class social commerce marketplace app, from scratch!
- The chance to bring your skills and your creativity to a startup from the beginning!
- Family-like and open work environment
- Courageous, curious, and entrepreneurial team members to work with
- Flat hierarchy where anyone’s word is heard and the best argument wins
- Salary & Equity ( Co-Owner ) based on Silicon Valley Principles
- Dog-friendly office
- Cool working environment in offices at ZICER (Zagrebački inovacijski centar)
- Team Activities ( Go-Cart, Paintball etc.)
- Your contribution to expanding this list
- A chance to become a millionaire ^^
If you are sure that this is your path, then send us your CV, your motivation in few words, your portfolio, and published apps to the app store, GitHub, Stack Overflow profile etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org.