We are currently expanding our Project/Product team and hiring a Junior Product Manager, to be a link between our clients and our developers and designers. If you’re familiar with the process of developing a digital product, have a leadership mindset, great communication and organizational skills, and preferably a tech background, we expect your application!
Our company culture
As a remote-first company, we value flexibility and create an environment where our team members can adjust their working schedules according to their hobbies and other activities. In achieving goals, we encourage our team members to be proactive and take the initiative, while we always have their back when they need some guidance or advice. We enjoy teamwork and like to celebrate the success of others, and when communicating feedback, we do it in a constructive way.
To keep all of our team members informed about what’s happening on the company level, inside each department, and on every project, every month we organize an all-hands meeting. Also, at the end of the meeting, anyone can ask any question and there are no tabu topics. 🙂
To keep track of how our team members are progressing and how satisfied they are, we held regular performance review meetings twice a year. Apart from those meetings, we’re also open at any time for team members to reach out with any questions, ideas, or concerns they wish to communicate.
Overall, we try to create an environment where our team members can reach their full potential by using and improving their knowledge and skills day by day, working in a positive environment on interesting and meaningful projects.
About our PM department and your role
Our PM department currently consists of 4 Product and Project Managers, working on internal and client products and projects.
When working on client projects, we strive for efficient, transparent, and timely communication with the client, while for our internal products we aim to deliver great value to end consumers and improve our communities one business model at a time!
During your onboarding period, you will be introduced to the methodologies, tools, and processes we use in all of our projects. You will be briefly familiarized with our most important ongoing projects. In case you forget how something is done, you can revisit our internal Speck Wiki anytime!
As our new product manager, you will be leading interdisciplinary teams consisting of designers, developers, marketing specialists, QA engineers, and other skilled experts. As part of this leadership role, you’ll work closely with our clients in order to understand their needs and propose the best course of action to help them achieve their goals. By taking ownership and empowering your team members, you will ensure that we deliver great products in a timely manner, and the features we are building support clients’ business goals.
Internally, you’ll be supported by and work with other departments in order to ensure project success. To grow and thrive in your chosen career path, among others, you’ll have weekly mentoring and knowledge-sharing sessions with other PMs. As a part of our monthly Education Hour initiative, you will be given a chance to learn from others, and also to share your knowledge. We can’t wait to see you thrive!
What can you expect from us?
1. Competitive salary
We offer you a competitive compensation package along with regular evaluations of your skills and knowledge to enable your further growth and growth of your salary, along with the additional benefits.
2. Flexible working schedule
You can shape your working schedule according to your life, hobbies, and interests. No questions asked as long as the job is done.
3. Remote work
Even though we have an office in Zagreb (HUB385), we are a remote-first company.
4. Professional development
On a monthly basis, we are organizing internal education in the fields of Development, Design, QA, Product, and Marketing. Apart from that, we make sure you have access to any online course or book that you need and have a digital library with Kindle devices available for use.
5. SPECKtacular company culture
We respect one another enough to give and receive honest feedback. But we also know that the most valuable feedback is spoken through empathy which is why we nurture the culture of inclusivity and teamwork.
6. Slick equipment
MacBooks, monitors, headphones, magic mouses, and wireless keyboards – whatever you need to be at your best. In case you will be needing anything else, we are happy to hear your requests!
What do we expect from you?
- 1+ years of experience in product and/or project management (final year students can also apply)
- Familiarity with the IT industry and experience with working in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with the process of developing web/mobile applications
- Familiarity with basic UX/UI design principles
- Familiarity with agile methodologies of software development
- Strong interest for the product management field
- Proactivity, responsible approach to the challenges on the projects, willingness to get out of the comfort zone, and the ability to quickly learn new skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent English communication skills
Bonus points for:
- An academic background in software engineering / computer science, or similar/equivalent knowledge acquired through work experience
- Experience in leading startups
What will be your responsibilities?
- Leading interdisciplinary teams on smaller projects (web and mobile development), or parts of larger ones
- Structuring complex projects into clear tasks for your team members
- Prioritizing tasks according to the business needs of clients
- Building a trusting relationship with the clients through clear and frequent communication
- Leading meetings with clients to agree on functionalities and to keep track of the development progress
- Organizing and leading daily meetings with the team
- Helping clients make strategic decisions (e.g. functionalities), through market research, customer interviews, discovery workshops, and other means
- Creating and delivering project development plans, briefs, estimates, and other deliverables, in collaboration with other departments
- Frequently aligning and working with other departments to ensure project success
The position is open until December 6th or until filled.
You can apply here: https://www.speck.agency/careers/jobs/junior-product-manager