We are looking for a Thermal Control Systems Engineer (Industrial PhD) that will research and develop state-of-the-art thermal management control systems and corresponding state estimation algorithms, which enhance the performance, safety and comfort of electric and hybrid vehicles. In order to give focus to the research activities, you will enrol in a doctoral study at one of Zagreb’s technical faculties and work closely with their researchers on the company’s R&D projects.
The key to successful control system design is understanding the vehicle behaviour at a higher system level and the interactions between various vehicle systems. In addition to achieving specific performance targets, thermal management systems must also ensure a high level of comfort. You will work closely with thermal engineers on test benches, climate chambers, and road testing, where you will validate and tune your software.
- Enrolling in doctoral studies
- Performing research activities regarding thermal management control systems
- Developing control algorithms for electric and hybrid vehicle thermal systems (powertrain & HV battery cooling, HVAC) as well as their components
- Developing state estimation algorithms for electric and hybrid vehicle thermal systems (powertrain & HV battery cooling, HVAC) as well as their components
- Developing control-oriented models of thermal systems
- Performing Model-in-the-loop and Hardware-in-the-loop testing
- Validating control algorithms on the vehicle
- Analysis and documentation of test data
- Communicating and coordinating with people of different technical backgrounds (e.g. mechanical and electrical engineers, test engineers, test drivers etc.)
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- Knowledge of system identification techniques
- Knowledge of classical and nonlinear control theory
- Knowledge of linear and nonlinear estimation techniques
- Experience with model-based-design in MATLAB/Simulink
- Understanding the dynamics of mechanical, electrical, and thermal systems
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Good knowledge of English in writing and speaking
3. Considered as an advantage
- Experience with the design and control of thermal systems
- Experience with Model Predictive Control and optimization algorithms
- Understanding of electric and hybrid vehicles’ powertrain
- Experience with GT-Suite, Dymola, Simcenter Amesim or similar software
- Understanding of ISO-26262 Standard
- Experience in version control (git)
- Experience in requirements and test management
4. What we are like and what we offer
- We work a lot, but also know how to have fun (fun teambuilding, crazy company parties, kitchen and relaxation zones around the office, free coffee/tea and fresh fruit, etc.)
- Financial subsidy for transportation
- Internal educations program
- Psychological counselling
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home days – up to 12 days of remote work per month
- Discounts at stores and clinics – for humans and pets 😊
As a fast-moving company, we nurture a high-performing culture. If you are interested in joining, you must be prepared for relentless learning, adapting, and embracing new technologies. We expect an easy-going person, but also self-driven, entrepreneurial, and highly independent in their work, that will enjoy rising to the challenge and have fun pushing the limits of technology.
Our expectations are high. And we can only achieve our goals with the dedication and collaboration of our exceptional team. Our ambition is to deliver and go the extra mile. We need to expand our already industry-leading team, find the best people, and lead the charge.
If you are a creative, problem-solving, open-minded, highly-motivated individual, love a fast-paced environment, and are up for the challenge, get in touch: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.