Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry. We always wanted to be more than just a place to work. What we do and how all of our team members feel is meaningful to us and we want each to feel like part of a big family.
Currently, we are looking for an Engineer to help us build the next generation of electric vehicle control and state estimation systems.
As a Control Systems Engineer, you will design algorithms that use various vehicle sensors to determine the vehicle state – its position, speed, the available amount of traction, etc. You will then design algorithms to safely and accurately control that state, using the unique powertrain configuration of a multi-motor electric vehicle.
In addition to achieving specific performance targets, vehicle control must also produce a superior driver feeling. You will work closely with test drivers, racing drivers and customers in order to understand what makes a vehicle enjoyable to drive.
- Developing state estimation algorithms for electric vehicles and their components,
- Developing control algorithms for electric vehicles and their components,
- Performing Model-in-the-loop testing,
- Using optimization algorithms with test automation to quickly test multiple hypotheses and converge on an optimal solution,
- Defining and overseeing Hardware-in-the-loop and real-world vehicle testing,
- Analysis and interpretation of test data,
- Documenting test results and producing technical documentation,
- Communicating and coordinating with people of different technical backgrounds (e.g. mechanical and electrical engineers, test drivers…).
- Knowledge of linear and nonlinear estimation techniques,
- Knowledge of classical and nonlinear control theory,
- Proficiency in the use of optimization algorithms,
- Experience with at least one commercial simulation package (e.g. Simulink, Dymola, Modelica),
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization (using Python, Matlab or similar),
- Strong programming skills in at least one programming language,
- Familiarity with C/C++,
- Good English in writing and speaking.
3. Optional competencies
- Background in mechanical engineering,
- Machine learning algorithms,
- Model Predictive Control,
- Model-based design in Matlab,
- Experience with Dymola,
- IPG CarMaker.
4. What we offer
- The opportunity to develop world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology, from scratch!
- The family-like and open work environment,
- Courageous, curious and entrepreneurial team members to work with,
- The competitive compensation package,
- Financial support for transportation,
- Dog-friendly office.
You can apply on our career site on the link – http://bit.ly/33uMUzX