ReversingLabs was founded in 2009 with the mission of offering organizations the ultimate in threat detection solutions. In 2017, we were honored to receive the JPMorgan Chase Hall of Innovation Award for our truly unique, automated, and scalable static file analysis, malware classification and malware hunting technologies. Our pioneering technologies, exceptional products, and successful customer deployments also drove a $25 million investment in ReversingLabs, backed by some of the savviest investors in the world. With our center of development excellence located in Zagreb, and offices in the United States and Switzerland, ReversingLabs is poised to achieve rapid growth and deliver groundbreaking innovation as we enter into planning execution for 2020. Our products and services are used worldwide by our loyal customer base (scoring a consistent NPS of +40), in addition to our Partner ecosystem using our technologies to deliver value in many leading security vendor services and offerings. Our user base is diverse in terms of usage patterns and needs, and with that comes the need for our organization to deliver agile, well-planned and timely executed projects.
We are looking for the right candidates to fill several Junior-level roles for Internship Product Owners that could lead to a full career path for the right candidates. Since business needs can come to engineering in many guises, the Product Owner (PO) typically handles the day-to-day of delivery execution, working as part of the Product Management (PM) organization. The PO is also expected to work primarily with the development and QA teams, but also with PM and technical writers to ensure effective communication.
The PO internship role provides an opportunity for a well-organized and proactive individual to work in a fast-paced, cutting-edge security company as a way to gain experience or – for the right candidates – to establish a career in the field. In the short term, gaining experience and learning about our business will entail a lot of note-taking and tracking of actions and owners while learning about our business and technology.
Candidate Profile: * Mandatory, ** Highly desirable
- Excellent standard of written and spoken Croatian and English; ideally students of English or Political Science and Journalism, Engineering and Computing, *
- Good general computing skills; proficiency with office suites (Microsoft Office, gSuite); experience using Windows and/or a GNU/Linux-based OS, **
- Ability to work in a larger team, *
- Willingness to learn, *
- Presentation skills. *
We will assess the actual responsibilities and assignments based on the skills of individuals and the discussion with your local Internship Manager. However, as a guide for day-to-day responsibilities, you will be expected to:
- Attend daily stand-up and planning meetings as necessary,
- Take detailed notes and actions in attendance,
- Work with your PO/PM/Local Manager in order to absorb your work into our various functions and departments,
- Be punctual, professional, and respectful.
For the right Interns, we can offer a path of progression to the following Product Owner duties and responsibilities:
- Leading Scrum teams as the Product Owner,
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project; creating product requirements,
- Ensuring that the team always has an adequate amount of tasks prepared in advance to work on,
- Planning and prioritizing the product feature backlog and development for the product,
- Defining the product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities,
- Assessing value, developing cases, and prioritizing stories, epics, and themes to ensure the work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy,
- Providing backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories,
- Working closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI,
- Leading the creation of product release plans and setting expectations for the delivery of new functionalities,
- Providing an active role in mitigating impediments that impact successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals,
- Researching and analyzing the market, the users, and the roadmap for the product,
- Following our competitors and the industry,
- Keeping abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.