RealNetworks’ Mobile Messaging team is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to take part in the development of our legacy product as well as Kontxt, our patent-pending technology to provide next-generation management of text messaging on mobile networks, along with state-of-the-art spam and gray route controls.
This role is critical in supporting the continued success of our existing SaaS, as well as contributing to ambitious new initiatives through the successful and seamless delivery and deployment of software for our customers, by ensuring we meet product milestones and improving the way this team provides outstanding services to our customers. Our technical environment involves advanced software engineering, technology architectures, systems integration, and emerging technologies.
We work in a high availability micro-services-oriented environment with tools/technologies that include Java/Scala, Python, Zookeeper, Docker/Kubernetes, Airflow, AWS deployment and management, ELK Stack, Linux, Cassandra, Oracle, Postgres.
To find out more about working in our Zagreb office, please go to this link.
In this role, you will work closely with a distributed team in Zagreb and New York to:
- Perform detailed technical design, development, and testing of complex messaging-driven application environment;
- Perform configuration management and application deployment using tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Docker-Compose & Kubernetes;
- Create, scale, and fine-tune production Spark clusters and clusters for streaming frameworks using tools such as Kafka;
- Deploy, scale, and manage NoSQL clusters, using Cassandra and/or RDBMS like Postgres;
- Develop and implement a comprehensive systems monitoring/management strategy for production applications;
- Set up and teach others how to deploy and build for Dockerized containers;
- Provide systems/application management for developer and production environments; and
- Participate in an on-call rotation, as required, for customer-facing application support.
Success in this role will require demonstrable experience in the areas described above as well as experience in environmental monitoring and cluster management (e.g. resource monitoring, logging aggregation, etc.).
Our ideal candidate will have:
- More than 3 years experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery, as well as with designing and implementing complex microservice architectures;
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing scalable NoSQL & SQL environments; and
- Extensive experience using build systems.
- Familiarity with Spark Streaming & using Spark against NoSQL databases is a plus.
What we offer:
We have a stellar team of co-workers, interesting projects, cool office space, and lots of fun activities. We offer competitive salaries and a flexible work-life balance (working hours, working from home). Also, we offer a great benefits package which includes paid yearly health check-ups, online English language classes, online workouts 3x a week with a trainer, paid education and conferences, paid parking space, a fully stocked kitchen, and more.
If you would like to join our team, please apply HERE.