RealNetworks’ KONTXT team in Zagreb seeks a Data Science Team Lead to take a critical role in the development of KONTXT, RealNetworks’ AI platform built to protect consumers from robocalls, fraud and spam calls and messages, along with state-of-the-art spam and grey route controls.
In this role, you will work on ambitious new AI initiatives through research and development of NLP and speech products such as multilingual implementations of current models; highly optimized versions of SOTA models; model deployment techniques that preserve performance while increasing throughputs; models that combine speech and text capabilities; and ML engineering and data engineering processes that leverage our vast data resources to better our product.
Our technical environment involves SOTA hardware, a codebase based around both SOTA and emerging NLP and speech frameworks and varying levels of experience in most supporting technologies. Some of the technologies used daily by our team include Python, PyTorch, Huggingface Transformers, ONNX, Postgres, Docker, FastAPI, git, etc.
You will work alongside our Distinguished Scientist as a link between Zagreb R&D and our New York-based Product/Engineering to:
- Develop and package deep learning models for SMS traffic categorization on a large scale;
- Provide guidance, expertise, and mentorship to colleagues on data curation, research, model implementation, and deployment;
- Leverage your project management skills to oversee the team tasked with providing the ground truth for our many models;
- Research and develop NLP and speech models (both ML- and deep learning-based) for a wide variety of other applications;
- Work cross functionally with product, sales, data science, and service delivery teams on product development and support; and
- Provide input, influence, and drive (where needed) initiatives to improve processes and best practices for data, product evaluation, and deployment.
To be successful in this role requires:
- An advanced degree in in data science, computer science, electrical engineering, math, or related field
- Experience conducting and presenting research in a primary AI field like CV, NLP, or speech (preferably NLP and speech), internal and/or published;
- 3+ years’ experience with deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow or Pytorch, model packaging tools and optimization tools like ONNX, and/or model deployment tools like Tensorflow Serving or similar;
- Natural leadership ability with experience mentoring/managing team members;
- Experience with Python, and its many data science related packages (pandas, numpy, sklearn, etc); and
- Experience with SQL, code versioning tools (git), an additional programming language.
Our ideal candidate will also have experience:
- With packaging applied research work into APIs or dockerized;
- With writing optimized and clean code; and
- Developing and supporting with high throughput models in production.
We have a dynamic, flexible work environment (flexible hours and work from home), and while we work hard, we value good work/life balance. In addition to competitive salaries, we provide a competitive benefit package that includes paid yearly health check-ups, bonuses, perks and benefits, paid education, a fully stocked kitchen and more.
We look forward to meeting you!
Please apply via the link.