Life at Q is anything but boring! We’re on a mission to help our clients find answers to the most challenging questions of today. One of them is Smart Pension, a London based fin-tech startup disrupting and revolutionizing the pensions industry.
There are still many unanswered questions, therefore, we’re looking for a proactive, team-oriented and motivated Ruby Developer (m/f) to join our growing Smart Pension team. You will work collaboratively with experienced developers who will review your code and you will review their code. This approach has helped us maintain at least 96% test coverage of our application meaning we can focus on features rather than bug fixing.
What we expect from you:
- Have at least 2+ years of experience using Ruby On Rails framework,
- Experience with Rspec,
- Strong experience with object-oriented programming principles,
- Understanding of MVC, ORM and RESTful principles,
- Understanding of common design patterns,
- Experience with relational databases,
- Experience with GIT,
- Possess a strong “will do” attitude and a global mindset,
- Fluency in English,
- Flexibility to adapt to new tools and procedures.
Top 10 reasons why to work on Smart Pension project:
- Work with some of the top people in the Ruby/Rails community,
- Well funded startup with secure future and organic growth,
- FinTech startup without hassles that are usually connected to financial companies,
- Perfectly balanced teams with just the right number of devs/qa engineers per team,
- Concentrated on having top code quality,
- Codebase has more than 96% test coverage!
- Offices in UK, Poland, US and Croatia – opportunity to travel and learn,
- Highly organised but in the same time relaxed work atmosphere,
- Regular team meetings and get-togethers,
- Exceptional work/fun ratio.
What we offer:
- Work with new technologies in a high-performance environment,
- Relaxed atmosphere,
- IT community involvement — Meetups, Workshops & Articles,
- Occasional travel to meet with clients and do a quick workshop/brainstorming in their office,
- Informal hangouts — Movies, Running, Hiking, Game Nights etc.,
- Entertainment and relaxation — Table tennis, Table football, PlayStations, Darts, Massage chairs, Cards & Board games,
- Optional — English and Yoga classes,
- Coffee, IceCream and Snacks,
- Bike parking.
Our compensations are based on your experience, level of knowledge & technical interview.
In case you found our job offer appealing, please submit your application with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org