We are an EdTech company whose mobile app is constantly the most popular educational app in the US and one of the top education apps globally with over 100 million downloads.
Photomath app is based on our own optical character recognition technology and our own math engine system which recognizes, solves and shows the solving steps for printed and handwritten math problems.
We constantly improve our app and add new features to offer Photomath users new ways to approach math learning. Our newest features focus on giving visual cues through graph solutions, recognizing and solving word math problems, and helping learn basics of math through animated step by step explanations.
A System Administrator will take care of our cloud and office IT infrastructure including servers, databases, web applications and office equipment, ensuring they are working properly and are always available to our internal and external users.
What you’ll do at Photomath? You will:
- check server logs daily (system, web, and application) and take action if needed,
- patch up servers when necessary,
- configure and maintain Apache and Nginx web servers,
- manage Photomath infrastructure in-house and on Google Cloud (servers, managed groups, load balancer, networks, storages, Kubernetes, Docker images, …),
- develop, monitor and test backup (for servers and for company computers),
- write and maintain build, deploy and other scripts,
- suggest and prepare hardware components for new servers and office computers,
- install Arch Linux on new development computers,
- provide basic IT support for office computers, equipment, and various cloud and office services (Slack, G Suite, dev tools, …).
You are the right person for us if you:
- have at least 2 years of experience working with Linux OS (Arch and Debian namely),
- have at least 1 year of experience writing shell scripts (awk, sed, perl, etc.),
- nurture a detail-oriented, thorough and responsible approach to work,
- have a proactive approach to work tasks,
- can work well in a team, but also capable to do tasks on your own,
- like to learn about new trends in your field and suggest what makes sense to implement within your role,
- have really good English language skills.
It is a plus if you:
- have a basic understanding of coding,
- have some experience maintaining Java applications (Jetty, Tomcat, etc.),
- have at least 6 months of experience working with MongoDB,
- configure and maintain MongoDB’s replica set,
- are familiar with Google Cloud Engine,
- are familiar with CloudFlare,
- have some experience working with SQL (Postgres, mySQL),
- have some experience working with GCP, Ansible, Docker, NAS, Vmware or Amazon AWS,
- have a basic understanding of continuous integration and delivery systems and some experience with configuring them (Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI, Travis, AppVeyor, …).
We are offering:
- an opportunity to revolutionize approaches to math studies for all ages through ensuring smooth operations of our servers and apps,
- learning opportunities through relevant tech conferences, mentorship, knowledge sharing, internal and external education,
- collaboration in a small but young, ambitious and flexible team that thrives on fair play and exchanging different viewpoints,
- a culture that recognizes and rewards success.
Want to join our team?
Send us your resume with an e-mail subject “System Administrator” to firstname.lastname@example.org.