Photomath is a fast-growing EdTech company whose mobile app is the #1 app in the world to learn math. Powered by advanced machine learning technology, the app instantly scans, accurately solves, and intuitively explains printed and handwritten math problems to users through step-by-step explanations.
With over 220 million downloads globally, Photomath is the most popular mobile application from Croatia and one of the most popular educational apps of all times. Since its launch in 2014, our award-winning app has topped App Store & Google Play Store education charts and Apple has recently declared it the application of the day.
Today, we employ 100 people and have offices in Zagreb and Silicon Valley. We are a team of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and skills, united by passion for technology and innovation. We believe that math is an increasingly crucial skill, particularly as problem-solving and quantitative analysis become prerequisites for many occupations.
We are constantly expanding what Photomath can do and the types and quality of our content – we have so much more ahead of us and we need your help to get there. Join us in our mission to revolutionize learning math and help students across the globe gain math superpowers!
With the use of the latest technologies and top notch cloud stack our DevOps team is delivering worldwide reliable and mission critical services to serve our internal and external users. Virtually there are no other systems and services of such a scale in the region. If you want to be a participant of the most challenging tasks and projects, you need to join us.
Buzzwords that you will be in contact with (a.k.a. technologies you will learn over time):
- MacOS, Linux, Debian, Git, Slack, Jira, Google Workspace, Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, Docker, Nginx, Apache, Node.js, Jenkins, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Shell, Ansible, Java, CloudFlare.
What you will do at Photomath:
- Office IT
- Mac and Linux administration – software & hardware, office & remote, reinstallation & backup,
- IT equipment maintenance – printers, WiFi, etc.,
- office IT support,
- IT asset management – on premise, warehousing, office equipment selection and ordering, inventory management,
- account management – email, Slack, Git, Jira, VPN, and other cloud services,
- data management – backup restore on data loss,
- scripting to ease IT equipment maintenance.
- Cloud Infrastructure and IT
- new cloud service Quality Assurance,
- backup restore testing,
- patch management,
- daily server logs checking – system, web and application + take action as needed,
- cloud service resource tuning – CPU, RAM, disk, etc.,
- scripting to ease servers and service maintenance.
Our ideal candidate has:
- valid student contract/rights and the ability to work at least 20 h per week for a longer period of time (at least 6 months in continuation),
- some level of working experience with Linux,
- some coding or scripting experience,
- a detailed-oriented, proactive and responsible approach to work,
- a personal growth mindset and ability to implement new learnings in their work,
- a desire to master system administration,
- ability to work well in a team as well as independently,
- a really good English language skill.
An additional plus is if you:
- have some experience with GCP, Amazon or similar cloud provider,
- have scripting experience such as Awk, Sed, Ansible, Python, Perl, etc.,
- have SQL knowledge.
What we offer:
- flexible working hours and work from home arrangements (with flexibility for University obligations),
- dedicated mentor to help you navigate and grow in your role,
- learning and growth opportunities through knowledge sharing, education and conferences, weekly time devoted to learning new things,
- a diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum – to teach and be taught,
- a friendly, collaboration-heavy team atmosphere,
- a culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success,
- cutting edge hardware and equipment,
- company events and celebrations, company retreat, team budget for team building activities,
- underground bicycle parking garage,
- modern office design, great view 🙂 and great location (Zagreb, Strojarska 20).
Want to become a part of the team? Apply here!