At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we’d love for you to join us.
Software Engineers at Palantir build software at scale to transform how organizations around the world use data. As a Software Engineer, you’ll contribute high-quality code to Palantir Gotham or Palantir Foundry: products that are deployed to the most important institutions in the public and private sector. You’ll build features used by research scientists, aerospace engineers, intelligence analysts, and economic forecasters, in countries around the world.
Palantir’s Product Development organization is made up of small teams of Software Engineers. Each team focuses on a specific aspect of a product: for example, you might be part of a team that builds a Foundry front-end application, or a component of the Gotham release infrastructure. We encourage movement among teams to share context, skills, and experience, so you’ll learn about many different aspects of each product.
Software Engineers are involved throughout the product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution, and shipping. As a Software Engineer, you’ll collaborate closely with technical and non-technical counterparts to understand our customers’ problems and build products that solve them. We think the best way to understand what our users need is to meet them, so occasionally, you’ll tour the assembly line at an auto manufacturer or join a counter-terror analyst at their desk to really understand their mission and their pain points.
It doesn’t matter what languages you know when you join us, but it does matter that you can write clean, effective code and learn new languages quickly. Our software is constantly evolving, so we need engineers who can do the same. Alongside peers who bring diverse experience — startup founders, industry veterans, university TAs, and more — you’ll build your skillset to apply the best technology to solve a given problem. Right now, we use:
- A variety of languages, including Java and Go for back end and Typescript for front end,
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, ElasticSearch, React, and Redux,
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Gradle, Webpack, and Github.
Whether you aspire to be an entrepreneur or an engineering leader, we believe Palantir is the best place — with the best colleagues — to learn how. You’ll learn how to unpack a problem and understand the costs and consequences of its solution. You’ll learn new technologies and languages, and even develop them yourself. You’ll work autonomously and make decisions independently, within a community that will support and challenge you as you grow and develop.
- Must be planning on graduating in 2021,
- Strong engineering background in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, and Physics,
- Advanced-level Computer Science coursework, including in algorithms and data structures; experience with Java and/or web technologies a plus,
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools,
- Ability to collaborate and empathize with a variety of individuals. You can iterate with users and non-technical stakeholders and understand how your technical decisions impact them,
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision,
- A desire to work on software that can change the world and a passion for creating intuitive, scalable products that augment our users’ ability to work with data,
- This should be your final internship before graduating.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at
Please apply directly using the link below: