Want to start your career using one of the most important technologies in Big Data and Finance? Working in kdb+ is the opportunity you’re looking for.
Here at mthree, we pair talented graduates with some of the most exciting careers in Technology and Banking. You will be able to kick-start your tech career within Big Data as a KDB+ Engineer.
Haven’t heard of kdb+ before? Most graduates haven’t. Even though it’s in high demand, it’s rarely taught at university. This means people who work in the area are highly desirable. Meaning a massive area of opportunity for graduates starting careers in tech.
Kdb+ is a programming language and integrated database. Built to handle huge amounts of data, it’s used by top investment banks to store, analyse, process, and retrieve large data sets at lightning speed.
Banks use kdb+ to manage the terabytes of data that’s created by high-frequency trading. It’s referred to as the ‘hottest coding language in finance’.
Our 24-month graduate program begins with 4 weeks of paid training and career coaching, where you’ll learn everything you need to start your career as a KDB+ Engineer. After you’ve completed the training, you’ll have the opportunity to fast-track your career at a global investment bank.
What you’ll do:
- There’s often a mixture of fixing technical issues and working on longer-term projects. This involves the below:
- working with various stakeholders across the bank, including traders and the risk team, so they can monitor and view the data they need,
- responding quickly to incidents and fixing technical problems,
- helping the risk teams so they can monitor the trading data and keep it within thresholds,
- building new features, such as graphical user interfaces (GUIs), that visualize data,
- working on projects – such as new features, monitoring, and automation.
What you need:
- a degree within a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths…),
- must have already graduated or have completed all exams and hand-ins available to start training,
- practical experience in a programming language,
- a quick thinker and problem solver that operates well under demanding and high pressurized environments,
- a strong aptitude for technology with the ability to pick up new skills in a speedy fashion,
- strong communication and interpersonal skills,
- the right to relocate and work in Hungary/EU passport.
What you’ll receive:
- fully paid, in-depth and interactive training with a diverse group of like-minded graduates, delivered by experts,
- a generous graduate salary,
- pay increases every 6 months,
- ongoing training and pastoral care,
- crucial industry experience and the opportunity to start a career in a desirable and collaborative industry.